Who thinks Hughes will get us into top 4?

Unfortunately I havent seen anything this season to suggest he is of the calibre to get us into a top 4 position.

As OB1 put it, "Jose Mourinho is arguably one of the top five managers in the world, Mark Hughes is inarguably not in the top twenty."

He isn't even in the top fecking fifty. You are having a laugh. 100% delusional, 100% hard-headed. I'd rather have Alan Curbishley, he might.

Chelsea and Ancelotti, United and Ferguson, Arsenal and Wenger, Liverpool and Benitez, City and Hughes.

We can't be losing to Forrest and Brighton in the cup like we did, 2 away wins All season is relegation form. It's no disgrace losing 2 derbies but were they fired up enough, don't get me wrong I've loved the trips to Europe this year but how many good teams did we play. The two german teams and won 1 in 3 of those. Some of our home performances have been fantastic but that pisses me off more when you lose at the likes of Bolton and boro and west brom. For me it's the cup defeats because I want us to win a trophy and if Pompey can do it so can we.

Brucie Bonus said:
As OB1 put it, "Jose Mourinho is arguably one of the top five managers in the world, Mark Hughes is inarguably not in the top twenty."

He isn't even in the top fecking fifty. You are having a laugh. 100% delusional, 100% hard-headed. I'd rather have Alan Curbishley, he might.

Chelsea and Ancelotti, United and Ferguson, Arsenal and Wenger, Liverpool and Benitez, City and Hughes.

Or to look at it another way...Inter Milan is arguably one of the top five clubs in the world, Manchester City is inarguably not in the top twenty

Shock horror, the Champions League sides generally attract the best managers. And players.

Who's delusional here exactly? Those who think Hughes has the potential to improve? Or those that think Manchester City are already on an equal footing with regular Champions League contenders when it comes to attracting managers and players?

Balti said:
Brucie Bonus said:

Or to look at it another way...Inter Milan is arguably one of the top five clubs in the world, Manchester City is inarguably not in the top twenty

Shock horror, the Champions League sides generally attract the best managers. And players.

Who's delusional here exactly? Those who think Hughes has the potential to improve? Or those that think Manchester City are already on an equal footing with regular Champions League contenders when it comes to attracting managers and players?
Well said. I think some heads need to be pulled out of arses. Maybe in a few seasons we can demand the best all round, but not yet.

dont think we will be a top 4 side next season,and if were not then hghes wont be given anymore time so no,maybe he could if he was given 4/5 seasons but no chance that happening with some of our fans impatience!!

Only if all the other managers in the world mysteriously and suddenly died.

And even then, probably not.

Balti said:

I don't think it's delusional at all to think that we will be able to compete for the very best managers and players.

Don't think it's delusional either to think that Hughes might improve, in fact I expect any manager given the resources we should have available will eventually achieve success with the club.

Joycee Banercheck said:
Balti said:
Brucie Bonus said:

Well said. I think some heads need to be pulled out of arses. Maybe in a few seasons we can demand the best all round, but not yet.

completely agree. we need to be knocking on the door of the top 4/5 for a year or two before we can genuinely have faith in attracting the proven elite in players and management. and i genuinely believe hughes can get is there, not least because of the money he'll have at his disposal. If after this point we look like we need that something extra to break into being serious contendeers for honours, then so be it, but it would be nice, for once, if we gave a manager the backing to progress with his project.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.