Who thinks Hughes will get us into top 4?

DontLookBackInAnger said:
No, that being said since I started watching the club in 1979 I don't think other than Kendall we have had any manager that could get us into the top 4
Peter Reid almost did and then got the boot. I've always wondered what would have become of us had we stuck with Reid.

It seems to have escaped some posters attention that we are in an unbelievably strong position.

We have made world record transfer bids for world class players our owners want us to be BIG and made our intentions clear.
They will not accept a push for 7/8th spot and rightly so. They have already invested heavilly in 1 season alone and wanting to sign more class players to get us into a top 4 ASAP, they arnt going to play the slowly, slowly catchy monkey game.
We are in a unique position and our owners will ensure we get there, MH or no MH

rastus said:
It seems to have escaped some posters attention that we are in an unbelievably strong position.

We have made world record transfer bids for world class players our owners want us to be BIG and made our intentions clear.
They will not accept a push for 7/8th spot and rightly so. They have already invested heavilly in 1 season alone and wanting to sign more class players to get us into a top 4 ASAP, they arnt going to play the slowly, slowly catchy monkey game.
We are in a unique position and our owners will ensure we get there, MH or no MH

100 per cent on the money.

Joycee Banercheck said:
No, that being said since I started watching the club in 1979 I don't think other than Kendall we have had any manager that could get us into the top 4
Peter Reid almost did and then got the boot. I've always wondered what would have become of us had we stuck with Reid.
Reid took over Kendall's side, but I agree that was, perhaps our biggest mistake manager wise. That being said the club's record when it comes to firing mangers is nothing short of amazing, you have to go back to Ron Saunders for one that one anything after leaving city! We might suck at hiring, but generally we are pretty much on the money about letting them go.

Also Pepe Guardiola coach of Barcelona, about to lead them to a famous treble. Never won anything or managed another club before Barca. He has all the resources that we will hopefully have in 5, 10 years time! Hughes hasn't inherited players like Messi, Iniesta, Eto. He inherited players like Ball, Vassell, Fernandes.

My point is it's unfair to compare Hughes to the top ten managers, because like a previous post says, we're not a top ten team. Yet.

Give Hughes time and you'll see!

bugsyblue said:
Also Pepe Guardiola coach of Barcelona, about to lead them to a famous treble. Never won anything or managed another club before Barca. He has all the resources that we will hopefully have in 5, 10 years time! Hughes hasn't inherited players like Messi, Iniesta, Eto. He inherited players like Ball, Vassell, Fernandes.

My point is it's unfair to compare Hughes to the top ten managers, because like a previous post says, we're not a top ten team. Yet.

Agreed!

Despite all the money we have at our disposal MH will never manage a side in the top 4. He has had a golden opportunity and has fallen short of the mark. I think the Arabs quite clearly see him as a stepping stone. Whether they have a rush blood to the head and give him another season before giving the boot remains to be seen, but there is not one shred of evidense to suggest that he is anything more than a manager who is capable of over achieving with limited resources part of the same group as Big Fat Sam is in.

bugsyblue said:

How the hell can you say that, we finished 9th last year(our lowest position for the entire season), yet that doesn't make us a top ten team? Please enlighten me as to what I'm missing??????

bugsyblue said:

How the hell can you say that, we finished 9th last year(our lowest position for the entire season), yet that doesn't make us a top ten team? Please enlighten me as to what I'm missing??????

You're missing the fact we're discussing city in reference to world managers, ie city are not one of the top ten clubsin the world.

bugsyblue said:
bugsyblue said:

You're missing the fact we're discussing city in reference to world managers, ie city are not one of the top ten clubsin the world.

Sorry, I'm with you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.