Who was the most clueless City manager ever? Apart from Ball

Re: Who was the most clueless City manager ever? Apart from

Whitefield Blue said:
baildon blue said:
Blue Streak said:
Nobody is personally calling you stupid mate. But read the thread title again properly. This is a thread about City's most clueless manager aside from Alan Ball? For anyone to suggest it's Howard Kendall is deluded. The guy was a very, very good manager. And I'm not angry, just shocked his name even gets a mention in this thread.
Your deluded if you think Howard Kendall was great . I think I have quite a lot of support for the fact Howard Kendall was a judas .
Get real he was a proper chancer .

WTF has him being 'a judas' got to do with his managerial ability.

The guy took City from relegation certs under Machin to a comfortably top half team in about a year.

But you rate him as low as Ball/Clark etc? Wow.

Kendall did a superb job at City.

Kendall did a wonderful job at City and that's what made his defection back to Everton all the more painful. I'm glad people are agreeing with me because I find it staggering he is mentioned in this thread? We were sinking without trace when Swales appointed him. Yes he signed a lot of his ex Everton players, players he trusted, players he knew, players who had been League Champions only a few years before. City weren't blessed with money so he did what he needed to do and came up trumps. As I've previously posted had he stayed I'm convinced we wouldn't have had the struggles we further endured. The turnaround under him was remarkable. Leeds were lucky Leslie Silver was able to find some investment around about the same time and gained promotion and then won the title, had Swales been able to provide the same I'm sure under Howard it could have been us. That's why I find it staggering he even get's a mention in this thread? Ball, Clark were truly clueless. Benson out of his depth but Kendall was a proper manager.

Blue Streak said:
Kendall did a wonderful job at City and that's what made his defection back to Everton all the more painful. I'm glad people are agreeing with me because I find it staggering he is mentioned in this thread? We were sinking without trace when Swales appointed him. Yes he signed a lot of his ex Everton players, players he trusted, players he knew, players who had been League Champions only a few years before. City weren't blessed with money so he did what he needed to do and came up trumps. As I've previously posted had he stayed I'm convinced we wouldn't have had the struggles we further endured. The turnaround under him was remarkable. Leeds were lucky Leslie Silver was able to find some investment around about the same time and gained promotion and then won the title, had Swales been able to provide the same I'm sure under Howard it could have been us. That's why I find it staggering he even get's a mention in this thread? Ball, Clark were truly clueless. Benson out of his depth but Kendall was a proper manager.

Totally agree. Benson would be my pick for the least able manager.

Blue Streak said:
BLUEYESTU said:
Blue Streak said:
That Everton old boys club kept us up. Without them we would gone down. Don't forget that. For Kendall to be even mentioned in this thread is stupid beyond belief.

It's always a surprise to me how on forums like this, whether it's football, music, whatever, there's always people who can't handle others having a different opinion to theirs. Am I wrong about my feelings about Howerd Kendall? Possibly! But so what!!! That's what forums are all about - swapping and sharing opinions. When someone else reads it's and gets all angry and starts calling people stupid etc then it's fucking pointless.

Nobody is personally calling you stupid mate. But read the thread title again properly. This is a thread about City's most clueless manager aside from Alan Ball? For anyone to suggest it's Howard Kendall is deluded. The guy was a very, very good manager. And I'm not angry, just shocked his name even gets a mention in this thread.

The fact that he left us having built a pretty decent team (allbeit one with far too many ex Everton players for my liking) and went back to Everton and failed miserably puts him in my 'clueless' column. His career never recovered from it. But Hey, what do I know? My son was a Rag and I used to take him to the Swamp and I had to pretend to support them! :-)

Mark Hughes was the only manager I've ever seen that could spend £100m and still finish lower in the table than the year before...

Surely he's gotta be a contender?

BLUEYESTU said:
Blue Streak said:
BLUEYESTU said:
It's always a surprise to me how on forums like this, whether it's football, music, whatever, there's always people who can't handle others having a different opinion to theirs. Am I wrong about my feelings about Howerd Kendall? Possibly! But so what!!! That's what forums are all about - swapping and sharing opinions. When someone else reads it's and gets all angry and starts calling people stupid etc then it's fucking pointless.

The fact that he left us having built a pretty decent team (allbeit one with far too many ex Everton players for my liking) and went back to Everton and failed miserably puts him in my 'clueless' column. His career never recovered from it. But Hey, what do I know? My son was a Rag and I used to take him to the Swamp and I had to pretend to support them! :-)

Kendall's decision to leave City was silly but it doesn't make him clueless; especially in the matter of football management. His career certainly went downhill after he left City, a descent that may have been booze fueled?

Whitefield Blue said:
baildon blue said:
Blue Streak said:
Your deluded if you think Howard Kendall was great . I think I have quite a lot of support for the fact Howard Kendall was a judas .
Get real he was a proper chancer .

WTF has him being 'a judas' got to do with his managerial ability.

The guy took City from relegation certs under Machin to a comfortably top half team in about a year.

But you rate him as low as Ball/Clark etc? Wow.
Have a good think . If Kendall hadn't have left we wouldn't had all those clueless managers .Like Reid , Ball and Frank Clark
So that's why Kendalls in it .

Loukas said:
Mark Hughes was the only manager I've ever seen that could spend £100m and still finish lower in the table than the year before...

Surely he's gotta be a contender?
He wasn't Sheikh Mansour's man though and it's quite easy to separate the Hughes signings from the club signings.

Hughes signings: Bellamy, Cruz, Kompany, Zaba, Shaun Wright Phillips.

Club signings: Robinho and Adebayor.

Added to Robinho and Adebayor thinking they were bigger than the club, we were also undergoing probably the most turbulent period in modern day football rising astronomically from lower table team to potential Champions. Under Sven we ended the season horribly getting twated by Middlesbrough etc so morale must have been wank. Sven left some shit personalities in the squad like Elano and Petrov.

Basically I think Hughes probably did underachieve but he isn't as shit as a lot of our fans make out. He was excellent at Blackburn and has turned Stoke from cloggers to semi decent footballers.

Think Hughes set us on our way by doing the dirty work and having the bollocks to tell shit heads like Robinho and Adebayor to fuck off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.