Who was the most clueless City manager ever? Apart from Ball

Re: Who was the most clueless City manager ever? Apart from

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Brian (who?) Horton was a very decent manager, who was a football man through and through, plus is a nice guy into the bargain...(Very rare these days of dog eat dog)

In fact I would go so far as to say he is my favourite City manager, along with Genial Joe Mercer and Pellers.
I can agree with this

I haven't read back but Peter Reid preferred...

Adrian Heath to Clive Allen
Steve Redmond to Colin Hendry
Terry Phelan to Neil Pointon
Rick Holden to Michael Hughes

and spent millions doing so. He also signed the likes of Ingebrigtsen and Gronendeijk.

He gradually undid the great work Kendall did and we would without a doubt have been relegated the season he was sacked. Horton deserved a medal.

Whitefield Blue said:
I haven't read back but Peter Reid preferred...

Adrian Heath to Clive Allen
Steve Redmond to Colin Hendry
Terry Phelan to Neil Pointon
Rick Holden to Michael Hughes

and spent millions doing so. He also signed the likes of Ingebrigtsen and Gronendeijk.

He gradually undid the great work Kendall did and we would without a doubt have been relegated the season he was sacked. Horton deserved a medal.

Yeah mate, i would have to agree with this post, spot on, plus another reason why Brian is my favorite and along with the 2years he was here it was my favourite time both on and off the pitch... spot on whitefield spot on.

Blue Streak said:
BLUEYESTU said:
feedmpenzaandhewillscore said:
Heres one from left field, one Howard Kendall. We could have been on the verge of greatness with the team he was building but was seduced back to Everton. What a clueless decision to go back there and not achieve much afterwards. Il throw that one out to the floor for discussion.

Totally agree. I hated the way he was turning us into an Everton old boys club, he got rid of Ian Bishop and then sacked us off to go back to The Toffees! Big confession here - when he went and left us and went back there I fucking cheered when The Rags beat them at Goodison. Only time I ever have or will celebrate them winning. God I hated him for walking out on us like he did. He used us to get back in the English game.

That Everton old boys club kept us up. Without them we would gone down. Don't forget that. For Kendall to be even mentioned in this thread is stupid beyond belief.

It's always a surprise to me how on forums like this, whether it's football, music, whatever, there's always people who can't handle others having a different opinion to theirs. Am I wrong about my feelings about Howerd Kendall? Possibly! But so what!!! That's what forums are all about - swapping and sharing opinions. When someone else reads it's and gets all angry and starts calling people stupid etc then it's fucking pointless.

BLUEYESTU said:
Blue Streak said:
BLUEYESTU said:
Totally agree. I hated the way he was turning us into an Everton old boys club, he got rid of Ian Bishop and then sacked us off to go back to The Toffees! Big confession here - when he went and left us and went back there I fucking cheered when The Rags beat them at Goodison. Only time I ever have or will celebrate them winning. God I hated him for walking out on us like he did. He used us to get back in the English game.

That Everton old boys club kept us up. Without them we would gone down. Don't forget that. For Kendall to be even mentioned in this thread is stupid beyond belief.

It's always a surprise to me how on forums like this, whether it's football, music, whatever, there's always people who can't handle others having a different opinion to theirs. Am I wrong about my feelings about Howerd Kendall? Possibly! But so what!!! That's what forums are all about - swapping and sharing opinions. When someone else reads it's and gets all angry and starts calling people stupid etc then it's fucking pointless.

Nobody is personally calling you stupid mate. But read the thread title again properly. This is a thread about City's most clueless manager aside from Alan Ball? For anyone to suggest it's Howard Kendall is deluded. The guy was a very, very good manager. And I'm not angry, just shocked his name even gets a mention in this thread.

Blue Streak said:
BLUEYESTU said:
Blue Streak said:

Nobody is personally calling you stupid mate. But read the thread title again properly. This is a thread about City's most clueless manager aside from Alan Ball? For anyone to suggest it's Howard Kendall is deluded. The guy was a very, very good manager. And I'm not angry, just shocked his name even gets a mention in this thread.
Your deluded if you think Howard Kendall was great . I think I have quite a lot of support for the fact Howard Kendall was a judas .
Get real he was a proper chancer .

baildon blue said:
Blue Streak said:
BLUEYESTU said:

Your deluded if you think Howard Kendall was great . I think I have quite a lot of support for the fact Howard Kendall was a judas .
Get real he was a proper chancer .

WTF has him being 'a judas' got to do with his managerial ability.

The guy took City from relegation certs under Machin to a comfortably top half team in about a year.

But you rate him as low as Ball/Clark etc? Wow.

I'm, older than a lot of you guy's but Ron Saunders was was a feckin disaster in my mind made Allen Ball look good.
On the up side he reminds me of the dutch clown now managing the rags, a lot of similarities. Not Least an ego that does not tolerate another opinion, should have a lot of fun with their existing outfit of miss fits and media over rated second rate buffoons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.