Who was the most clueless City manager ever? Apart from Ball

Re: Who was the most clueless City manager ever? Apart from

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Given where we were when he took over, where we ended up at the end of his tenure, and the sustained effect it had on the club, the lack of reference to John Benson in this thread is truly astonishing.

Didn't he announce the prizes in Sale of the Century? should never have given up that job for football.

FanchesterCity said:
Given where we were when he took over, where we ended up at the end of his tenure, and the sustained effect it had on the club, the lack of reference to John Benson in this thread is truly astonishing.

Didn't he announce the prizes in Sale of the Century? should never have given up that job for football.

You might be onto something,Norwich and all that.

mcfc2607 said:
tidyman said:
Well there's only one manager ever taken us down to Division 3 so I'd probab;y say Royle.
Not sure if serious mate.
If you are I'm assuming you've just had a quick look on wiki.

I'm sure royle took over towards the very end of the season (by then it was to late) anyway he got us back to the prem with back to back promotions.

He's not the best but not in a million years is he the worst haha
Royle had a third of the season remaining (15 games) and needed to raise us one place IIRC.
Whether that puts him in the same league as Benson, Poyser and others is another matter. We were 9th as late as January before going down in 1983.

Tbilisi said:
FanchesterCity said:

Half the people on this forum have NO idea what we're on about!

BLUEYESTU said:
feedmpenzaandhewillscore said:
Heres one from left field, one Howard Kendall. We could have been on the verge of greatness with the team he was building but was seduced back to Everton. What a clueless decision to go back there and not achieve much afterwards. Il throw that one out to the floor for discussion.

Totally agree. I hated the way he was turning us into an Everton old boys club, he got rid of Ian Bishop and then sacked us off to go back to The Toffees! Big confession here - when he went and left us and went back there I fucking cheered when The Rags beat them at Goodison. Only time I ever have or will celebrate them winning. God I hated him for walking out on us like he did. He used us to get back in the English game.

That Everton old boys club kept us up. Without them we would gone down. Don't forget that. For Kendall to be even mentioned in this thread is stupid beyond belief.

Mancini apparently

FanchesterCity said:
Tbilisi said:
FanchesterCity said:

Half the people on this forum have NO idea what we're on about!

I always thought that. Lol

George Hannah said:
George Poyser under whom "in January 1965 the club reached a low point with their lowest ever league attendance of 8,015 against Swindon Town"
Without wishing to start another York away style thread - I was stood with my dad in the old open scoreboard end for that one. The general football was so poor that we didn't think it worth paying for our usual Platt Lane End seats and there was lot's of room. I also have a memory of the weather being really bad and standing underneath the old scoreboard box. So yes in line with my previous comment George must be a candidate here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.