Who was the most clueless City manager ever? Apart from Ball

Re: Who was the most clueless City manager ever?

andyhinch said:
George Poyser, couldn't get us out of Div 2

Unlike Frank Clark.
As Joe Royle said at the AGM "I may have been captain of the ship when it went down but I wasn't captain when it hit the iceberg."

FanchesterCity said:
BigJoe#1 said:
Mark Hughes without a doubt, even with your exception Wayne.

He nearly single handedly destroyed this club, even with the Sheikhs money.

Please - close the thread and move on...please, please, please

He brought in Kompany, Zab, SWP, Bellamy, De Jong, Barry, Tevez and Lescott, all great for us in terms of moving City forward.

Yes, be made a few bad buys too, but he had Robinho thrusted on him, he left with dignity and hasn't bad mouthed us. I don't think he deserves to be considered clueless.

And he achieved what? Playing most of these out of position sorry without a doubt f**king useless, even with the money - which is why he's kept his mouth shut - I wonder what his pay offs have been (the only club he left was one that "failed to meet his aspirations" - YCNMIU).

FanchesterCity said:
BigJoe#1 said:

He brought in Kompany, Zab, SWP, Bellamy, De Jong, Barry, Tevez and Lescott, all great for us in terms of moving City forward.

Yes, be made a few bad buys too, but he had Robinho thrusted on him, he left with dignity and hasn't bad mouthed us. I don't think he deserves to be considered clueless.

Imo, Mark Hughes is a decent manager, certainly good enough for a mid table club, AND was a great player in his prime, (Wish City had had him), and gets a lot of unfair flak on here, due to his Rag connections.

How he was treated by City at the end was nothing short of a disgrace, (but no doubt his pay off softened the blow somewhat).

BigJoe#1 said:
And he achieved what? Playing most of these out of position sorry without a doubt f**king useless, even with the money - which is why he's kept his mouth shut - I wonder what his pay offs have been (the only club he left was one that "failed to meet his aspirations" - YCNMIU).
Kompany wasn't even playing by the end of Hughes' reign. That's what his supporters always miss out when they mentioned he signed him. Yeah, he signed him, as a defensive midfielder, and then gave up on him playing De Jong as defensive midfielder, and played Kolo and Lescott as his preferred central defenders whilst Kompany was warming the bench.

malcolm allison 2nd stint , ripped a good side to pieces and spent the money on shite , he put our club back 10 years ,

BigJoe#1 said:
FanchesterCity said:
BigJoe#1 said:

Absolute tosh.
He played Kompany in midfield where he had previously done at Anderlecht, and Bellamy had played up front with West Ham too.

He was the first manager under the new regime, and had the biggest jump to make in our progress. Whilst he's never going to go down as our greatest manager, he's a million miles away from our worst!

gmckennasell said:
malcolm allison 2nd stint , ripped a good side to pieces and spent the money on shite , he put our club back 10 years ,

I'm in agreement here. I'd say he put us back 20 years. We were still paying off debts from that era for a loooong time.

Barnes and Owen for bloody Steve Daly. It was a travesty.

FanchesterCity said:
BigJoe#1 said:
FanchesterCity said:

Absolute tosh.
He played Kompany in midfield where he had previously done at Anderlecht, and Bellamy had played up front with West Ham too.

He was the first manager under the new regime, and had the biggest jump to make in our progress. Whilst he's never going to go down as our greatest manager, he's a million miles away from our worst!

And the clueless **** took us backwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.