Who was the most clueless City manager ever? Apart from Ball

Re: Who was the most clueless City manager ever?

Is the Ron Saunders being mentioned the same Ron Saunders that took us to the League Cup final in 1974?
We'd have won that had it not been for some duff finishing and some brilliant saves from the Wolves keeper.
Saunders was a miserable git, no mistake, and he didn't get the best out of the players at his disposal, but he's well ahead of Neal, Clark, Benson and Ball when it comes to being a manager.

laserblue said:
George Poyser. Came in originally as Les McDowell's assistant and took over when he was fired after City were relegated in 1963. A reasonable season in the old 2nd division was followed by what was then City's lowest ever league position which got him sacked. It was clear that under Poyser City would have sunk further. Mercer and Allison followed him and turned the club around immediately.
I started going in 1960 and i have to agree with this, Poyser worst ever by a country mile

blue underpants said:
laserblue said:
George Poyser. Came in originally as Les McDowell's assistant and took over when he was fired after City were relegated in 1963. A reasonable season in the old 2nd division was followed by what was then City's lowest ever league position which got him sacked. It was clear that under Poyser City would have sunk further. Mercer and Allison followed him and turned the club around immediately.
I started going in 1960 and i have to agree with this, Poyser worst ever by a country mile

George Poyser. Hard for anyone who did not watch City when he was manager to comprehend how bad he was. No one since has come remotely close. He remains in a league of his own.

Damocles said:
For me, it's got to be Pearce.

Clueless and inept would be generous. David fucking James up front. For fucks sakes. And he had a striker on the bench

The David James substitution created panic in Boro's defence and would have been considered as inspired if Fowler
hadn't missed the resulting penalty.

While Pearce was a poor manager and the football was dire we've had far worse. He kept us in the PL and actually ran a transfer surplus.

He signed Hart and would have signed Walcott for £3.5m from Southampton if we hadn't been skint.

Re: Who was the most clueless City manager ever? Apart from

Heres one from left field, one Howard Kendall. We could have been on the verge of greatness with the team he was building but was seduced back to Everton. What a clueless decision to go back there and not achieve much afterwards. Il throw that one out to the floor for discussion.

Re: Who was the most clueless City manager ever? Apart from

Known of our previous managers has anything on that dimwit manager Moyse

Damocles said:
For me, it's got to be Pearce.

Clueless and inept would be generous. David fucking James up front. For fucks sakes. And he had a striker on the bench
No he didn't, he had Jon Macken, signed because of a 50 yard fluke goal for Preston.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.