Who we really should buy in the summer..

blue_sonic176 said:
Anyone else think we should go all out for Pogba this summer? Considering Yaya's importance to our style of play, Pogba could be vital for us for many years.

Spot on. Yaya will be very difficult to replace but pogba looks very decent. Id love reus or shakiri pace and width is still something we lack

bondsman said:
blue_sonic176 said:
Anyone else think we should go all out for Pogba this summer? Considering Yaya's importance to our style of play, Pogba could be vital for us for many years.

Spot on. Yaya will be very difficult to replace but pogba looks very decent. Id love reus or shakiri pace and width is still something we lack
Thought he was PSG bound?

117 M34 said:
Does yaya go to African nations next season?
Yep :( so strengthening central midfield has to be the priority, especially since, knowing the PL, our fixtures during the ACON will be something like this:
Chelsea (a)
Liverpool (a)
Sunderland (h)
Arsenal (a)
Everton (h)
Spurs (a)
Rags (a)

Isn't the African Cup of Nations in the summer now? I thought it got moved.

Edit:

Nope, still in January.

bondsman said:
blue_sonic176 said:

I'd absolutely love Pogba in our team. Unfortunately Juve is one of the only clubs in Italy that isn't an utter disaster financially - seems like it would be kind of hard to pry him out of there. Also they seem to want to groom him for the long haul.

I'm all for Mangala and any of about 4 guys on Southampton if they are in wholesale selling mode. Lovren if you couldn't get Mangala. I am a very big fan of his. I think he would fit our system. Strange how he has so rapidly come on after not bein incredibly well rated, but often you see that with central defenders.

sam-caddick said:
ono said:
We need better full backs. Zabaleta is very good, but offensively he is isn't as fluent or creative as he could be. Clichy is normally solid and relaible, but again doesn't offer anything in the final third. Kolarov does, but he isn't very mobile nor fluent with the ball.

We need another centre half to replace Lescott, although i wouldn't be too bothered if we just allowed Rekik to come back and play. He's been good this season for PSV. Nastasic is to come back yet, and MDM has been very good over the last couple of months, now he has settled down.

Other than that, probably someone in midfield who can challenge Yaya and Fernandinho, or compliment them. He needs to be fluent on the ball.

Our main problem is that we have maybe 6 or 7 players on the pitch who are fluent and quick with the ball, whereas the top teams in Europe have 10 or 11. This is the level we aspire to and to get there, we might have to see less of some of the players we love, which means that guys like Zabaleta might end up merely becoming squad players.....which would be sad to see as everyone loves him, and rightly so, he's a hero.

Zabaleta has 5 assists this season in the league which is more than any other right back in the league and defensively I don't know many right backs that are better, he is our outstanding full back in that position and if you take him out we will lose a lot of heart and fight.

It's the left fullback positions that need upgrading, Kolarov is good going forward but a liability in defence and it's vice versa with Clichy but even he has regressed defensively this year.

Sanga to be back up for Zabaleta, one of Kolarov or Clichy to be sold with the other one left over to be used as the back up to a new first choice left back.

Coleman scored 6 goals.

2 full backs (Shaw and Coleman preferably cos we need speed and quality in attack)
1 central defender (no idea who but needs to be intelligent as much as athletic)
1 central midfielder (Delph preferably just to cover for Fernandinho)
1 winger (like Robben/Ronaldo/Giggs in his prime, etc - 'cos neither Navas nor Milner can really be as quick and direct as is needed at the very top)

Maybe a kid could be promoted?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.