Who we really should buy in the summer..

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
thesilvalining said:
TonyM said:
2 full backs (Shaw and Coleman preferably cos we need speed and quality in attack)
1 central defender (no idea who but needs to be intelligent as much as athletic)
1 central midfielder (Delph preferably just to cover for Fernandinho)
1 winger (like Robben/Ronaldo/Giggs in his prime, etc - 'cos neither Navas nor Milner can really be as quick and direct as is needed at the very top)

Maybe a kid could be promoted?
You don't get much quicker than navas, but I agree he isn't direct enough

Navas is fine, one of the problems he has is that when he beats a fullback, we never have anyone in the box.

Correct, the fwds have to keep up for him to be effective

I'm starting to think we should back our own academy, rather than paying crazy high fees for other teams good prospects. In the mean time we could concentrate on players in their mid 20's to help us start dominating now (who bizarrely cost half the amount of players who are worse than them but younger), while leaving space for our academy players to grow into. If we keep buying the best 19-20 year olds around, then we end up spending a fortune to block the path for our own academy players.

For me

In
Garay £20m
Coentrao £15m
Fernando £15m
Sagna free
HG backup keeper £0-5m
Lallana £20m

Out
Kolarov £10m
Dzeko £20m
Garcia £10m
Richards £10m
Rodwell £5-10m
Pantilimon £5m

Barely a penny spent for a big improvement to both the first team and the squad, getting in players at their peaks with still plenty of years ahead of them, while leaving plenty of room for our academy to start producing players in the next 3-5 years

Left Back - linked strongly with Moreno, but would probably mean one of Kolarov or Clichy to leave

Centre Back - Lescott's contract is up in summer, linked with Mangala but he's very expensive (in the press reports at least ?), we've had Vertonghen, Terry and Vermaelen mentioned, but Inigo Martinez, Garay, Alderweireld, Benatia all appear to be better alternatives. Also have Rekik on our books, maybe a loan to a Spanish or Italian club would be good to continue his development. Depending on Nastasic's mystery injury we may need two more centre-backs anyway, swap Rodwell for John Stones at Everton seems a good move on paper. Another English player who looks very good at this stage of his career and can already do a decent job in the Premier league.

Right Back - Richards out and one of Sagna, Lichtsteiner(today's link) or Dani Alves. I think Alves is after a new contract so is using our name. also his wage demands would be high.

Central midfield - a bit light in quality here, what to do with Rodwell, if he doesn't get the opportunity to play then loaning/selling him is the only option. Would Garcia be happy being a backup only. Fernando linked to give Fernandinho some rest/rotation. Also Yaya isn't getting any younger and does seem to tire when playing two games a week. We need at least one quality player, could be Fernando.

Up front depends on how the injuries keep occurring. All strikers apart from Dzeko have been injured/out of form for long periods this season. I'd be keen to see Lukaku or/and Berahino at City. One's English but has a couple of discipline issues, loads of potential in both players and I'd take over Negredo and Dzeko myself.

BigOscar said:
I'm starting to think we should back our own academy, rather than paying crazy high fees for other teams good prospects. In the mean time we could concentrate on players in their mid 20's to help us start dominating now (who bizarrely cost half the amount of players who are worse than them but younger), while leaving space for our academy players to grow into. If we keep buying the best 19-20 year olds around, then we end up spending a fortune to block the path for our own academy players.

For me

In
Garay £20m
Coentrao £15m
Fernando £15m
Sagna free
HG backup keeper £0-5m
Lallana £20m

Out
Kolarov £10m
Dzeko £20m
Garcia £10m
Richards £10m
Rodwell £5-10m
Pantilimon £5m

Barely a penny spent for a big improvement to both the first team and the squad, getting in players at their peaks with still plenty of years ahead of them, while leaving plenty of room for our academy to start producing players in the next 3-5 years
I'd have Lallana if Nasri was going but I think we should get a fast LW instead. I'd have Coentrao here in a heart beat but not at the expense of our most productive LB and we wouldn't get 10m for Kolarov as he's only got a year left as has Dzeko both on high wages. We would for Richards because he's english. Garay is currently better than Mangala but would he suit our high line system

We don't need to sell anyone just buy a top quality commanding centre back, players need to play together learn about each other on the pitch, change just takes longer,

mancunial said:
We don't need to sell anyone just buy a top quality commanding centre back, players need to play together learn about each other on the pitch, change just takes longer,

We need cover for Zabba and Fernandinho and we need a top class left back as our current two just haven't got the necessary at elite level.

I think we are so close to being dominant in England and top force in Europe, that being said i think we need to replace a lot of people in order to achieve this.
We need to get rid of:
-Dzeko (frustrating to watch, especilly because he has talent, but he is just holding us back. High wage, and we could get $$ for him)
-richards (just injured alllllll the time, like him a lot but it's time for him to leave)
-Clichy (Very poor year, liability in many games he played in, and again could get some good money)
-Lescott (Not really a choice, in my mind he's already gone)
-Hart (would love to switch lloris with him if not maybe overpay to get courtois because he is very young, very talented, and it will be brutal if he stays at chelsea for 10 years after cech is gone)

We should get:
- new goalkeeper (look at hart)
-CB (Mangala if he's not crazy expensive, maybe look for young talent like Steven Caulker)
- LW (Preferrably Isco, world class and Pellegrini and him kicked ass at malaga. Or one of Athletico's wingers (villa, koke, turan))
** Dream LW's but not realistic would be Reus ( absolute god) or El Shaararwy... both young talents**
-LB/RB (preferably home grown players, and young. Also sagna would be a great, free pick up)
-ST (We have all types of strikers already, I just want someone who can consistantly finish inside the box, don't need to be creative themselves necessarily)

P.S. I really want to keep both Javi Garcia and Jack Rodwell at least one more year. Javi played pretty well this season it can't be easily to adjust to the premier league, especially when you aren't given consistent playing time. Rodwell is home grown, talented, and young... nuff said

thesilvalining said:
TonyM said:
2 full backs (Shaw and Coleman preferably cos we need speed and quality in attack)
1 central defender (no idea who but needs to be intelligent as much as athletic)
1 central midfielder (Delph preferably just to cover for Fernandinho)
1 winger (like Robben/Ronaldo/Giggs in his prime, etc - 'cos neither Navas nor Milner can really be as quick and direct as is needed at the very top)

Maybe a kid could be promoted?
You don't get much quicker than navas, but I agree he isn't direct enough

But he's not very fast with the ball. Without the ball he may beat most in the 100m but with the ball he doesn't seem to beat anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.