Who will be our main rivals this season?

I am though. Pep playing Sterling in every game, publicly voicing his support and picking him in the CL final is all strong evidence he's not lost faith.

Your counter evidence doesn't exist.
The CL final was 4 months ago.

We have spent 100m on Jack Grealish, who just happens to play in the same position.

With the start Grealish has had, Sterling is not getting his LW back as first choice.

I , like you have no evidence, but there is clearly something not right with Sterling and City , and the player has not performed anywhere near his level for 18 months, that's a fact.

Not a hope of the CL imo. Pep blew our best chance ever last season. We won't get near the final again without a top class striker or DM.

Concentrate on top 4 and write the rest off for this season at least.
Chelsea have got to three CL finals, all of them were when they had some of their worst teams they’ve had in the last 25 years, two of them were with Avram Grant and Roberto Di Matteo as the coach, one year they won it when they finished 6th in the Prem.

Liverpool won the CL one year when they finished 5th in the Prem, another year they got to the final when they finished 25 points off the Prem winners.

Spurs got to the final when they finished 27 points behind the Prem winners.

We could quite easily get to the CL final and win it this season. You do not have to be the best team in Europe or even as good as other better sides of our own who didn’t win it. It’s a Cup competition, anything can happen.

One thing is for certain, we will not finish 5th or 6th and we will not finish 25-27 points off the top (I still think we’re the team to beat!) so we are easily good enough to get to the final or win the CL.

And as for writing the season off IN SEPTEMBER! Christ almighty!

Last edited by a moderator:
The CL final was 4 months ago.

We have spent 100m on Jack Grealish, who just happens to play in the same position.

With the start Grealish has had, Sterling is not getting his LW back as first choice.

I , like you have no evidence, but there is clearly something not right with Sterling and City , and the player has not performed anywhere near his level for 18 months, that's a fact.

The champions league final was 6 games ago you pillock and Pep changed the entire structure of the team to bring Sterling in.

You dont do that for a player you've lost trust in.

Sterling doesn't care if he plays LW or RW or up front he's said as much a hundred times.

I still can't get my head around that we've gone in to the new season with no recognised striker in the squad. That is piss poor planning and I imagine Pep is not at all happy deep down
Torres has played as a striker in every game he’s started this season. He is our striker.

The champions league final was 6 games ago you pillock and Pep changed the entire structure of the team to bring Sterling in.

You dont do that for a player you've lost trust in.

Sterling doesn't care if he plays LW or RW or up front he's said as much a hundred times.
Why are you so aggressive?

CL 6 games ago, it was in May, we are now in September, after a brilliant Euros , Sterling has returned and returned to his worrying and poor City form.

If you can't see there is an issue, your either blind or your a fan boy.

Sterling does not look like a player looking to sign a new deal, in fact he is playing like a man who wants out.

And with his form, I can't see City going anywhere near offering him a new deal on better terms.

12/18 months ago, pep would have made sure the club resigned him , not sure that is the case now and for some time and hence why we paid 100m for Grealish.

Why are you so aggressive?

Because I asked you a simple question and you've spent 10 comments ducking it or being dishonest and obfuscating instead of just admitting you made up some bollocks about Pep not having faith in Sterling when actually 90% of people including yourself have written that he's got too much faith in Sterling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.