Who will be our main rivals this season?

Top four would be a very good season this year.
Anything else would be a bonus.

Our players already look knackered. They've been overworked over the last two seasons in addition to the Euros etc.
We're in danger of being victims of our own success if we keep chasing every trophy.

You don’t throw away a season that’s only just began. This City squad and manager have proved a few times now that don’t ever write them off. Just because we drew against Southampton doesn’t mean we’re knackered, it was just a bad performance. We could be 10 points behind at Christmas and still win the league. Grow a pair and get behind the team, I want to win at all this season.

I’d take 4th place in the PL and the CL trophy this season.

Think Chelsea are nailed for the title. I’d love to win the Carabao Cup again, and another FA cup, but the fixture pile up over Christmas and the New Year if we're still In both domestic cup competitions, the PL title race, and CL knockout stages, would kill us.

You don’t throw away a season that’s only just began. This City squad and manager have proved a few times now that don’t ever write them off. Just because we drew against Southampton doesn’t mean we’re knackered, it was just a bad performance. We could be 10 points behind at Christmas and still win the league. Grow a pair and get behind the team, I want to win at all this season.
I understand all that mate, I just think we need to be a bit more realistic. There's genuine competition out there this season, and it's going to be tougher than ever.
As I say, top 4 would be a very good season given our current injury problems and no proper striker.

Hate to admit it , but if the Dippers keep their players fit , they are the main threat , the group of players Klippety has know how to win it , and if they get on a roll they could take some stopping. We need to get something from Klanfield in a couple of weeks , if they get a ten point lead it will be tough to catch them.

Hate to admit it , but if the Dippers keep their players fit , they are the main threat , the group of players Klippety has know how to win it , and if they get on a roll they could take some stopping. We need to get something from Klanfield in a couple of weeks , if they get a ten point lead it will be tough to catch them.
They’re a busted flush, they’ll implode at some point. We’ll finish above them, it’s the other two I’m worried about.

Yes. Time to rebuild and give a few more academy players some game time, and perhaps add a new signing or two in January window.
Working in 5 year blocks, a quiet year doesn't do any harm and allows steady development of new/young players.
All that matters business wise is qualification for the CL.
Understand your thoughts but this strategy would’t go down too well with Jack,Kev, Ruben and Phil. They didn’t sign new deals to help rebuild a team. They’re here to win things and be successful.

No-one will make it if they have to have world class potential. Foden still has a way to go but has made progress. We have to start taking more risks with youngsters in the hope they break through.
If they don't, the academy system will be called into question. Does it produce top class PL players, or does it exist purely to buy cheap to sell on at smallish profits?
The academy has generated huge profits for the club.

But I do agree it's high time that some of these players were given more opportunities, even on Saturday our team clearly lacked energy and pace maybe a time to put one or two in?

As long as Pep is here I can't see it happening, unless they are very special.

Regardless of where City finish, I think Chelsea's momentum has evolved since last Christmas and they'll take some beating.

Liverpool are only a couple of injuries from talking themselves into a crisis, whilst United are almost the polar opposite with a bloated squad relying too heavily on 3-4 players. What can't be denied however is that both clubs have got a 20 goal a season striker who will dig them out of a hole, if and when required.

In contrast, our Kane-or-nobody transfer policy seems to have backfired, and unless we score early, I can see a few more goalless performances.

That's the reality, because unlike last season, our major rivals are all in a better place

I understand all that mate, I just think we need to be a bit more realistic. There's genuine competition out there this season, and it's going to be tougher than ever.
As I say, top 4 would be a very good season given our current injury problems and no proper striker.
Ah right, so when there’s competition we just pack it all in and give up? Fuck that, I hope Pep and the squad aren’t thinking like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.