Who will be our main rivals this season?

Nonsense, write off our season already in 3 cup competitions, are you for real?
Yes. Time to rebuild and give a few more academy players some game time, and perhaps add a new signing or two in January window.
Working in 5 year blocks, a quiet year doesn't do any harm and allows steady development of new/young players.
All that matters business wise is qualification for the CL.

Would Havertz be in the top few places to get in our starting XI in the biggest game of the season ahead of de Bruyne Foden Gundo Bernardo Jesus Grealish Mahrez?

Forgot about left back but Cancelo, while erratic, is a better player than Chillwell and easily as good as the ex-Bolton and Sunderland lad.

This Chelsea team are nothing special. They’re just very well coached and are hard to play against. United and Liverpool’s attacks give me far more fear than Chelsea’s.

If there’s one thing we should all have learnt under Pep is that we are capable of smashing this league to bits. And we have a better team this season than we did last as we have Laporte back and playing well, a new position for Jesus who’s started the season excellently bar one game, and Grealish.
Id have him (harvetz) ahead of both Grealish and Mahrez absolutely - he is more of a goal threat than both of those for starters..he reminds of KDB a little

I am though. Pep playing Sterling in every game, publicly voicing his support and picking him in the CL final is all strong evidence he's not lost faith.

Your counter evidence only exists in your head.
Pep public voices his support for all the players so a bit of a moot point on that bit.

Because I asked you a simple question and you've spent 10 comments ducking it or being dishonest and obfuscating instead of just admitting you made up some bollocks about Pep not having faith in Sterling when actually 90% of people including yourself have written that he's got too much faith in Sterling.
Wow…..if only Raheem could duck and dive and obfuscate……again.
You’re not his agent by any chance??

Chelsea have got to three CL finals, all of them were when they had some of their worst teams they’ve had in the last 25 years, two of them were with Avram Grant and Roberto Di Matteo as the coach, one year they won it when they finished 6th in the Prem.

Liverpool won the CL one year when they finished 5th in the Prem, another year they got to the final when they finished 25 points off the Prem winners.

Spurs got to the final when they finished 27 points behind the Prem winners.

We could quite easily get to the CL final and win it this season. You do not have to be the best team in Europe or even as good as other better sides of our own who didn’t win it. It’s a Cup competition, anything can happen.

One thing is for certain, we will not finish 5th or 6th and we will not finish 25-27 points off the top (I still think we’re the team to beat!) so we are easily good enough to get to the final or win the CL.

And as for writing the season off IN SEPTEMBER! Christ almighty!
If I was a betting man, I wouldn't put a penny on us winning the CL this season. It's the monkey on Pep's back that will drive him to distraction.
The FA Cup and Carabao give a chance to blood young players and give the older hands a break.
We're going to see big changes to the first team squad over the next two seasons as more youngsters start to come through (at last) and new faces arrive.
It's stepping back for a period to avoid getting stale. It wouldn't do any harm at all.

It's my opinion, I would bet that Mr Sterling leaves the club in January
Possible. I think he's on his way out. I can't see him signing an extension to his deal when he's not a regular starter. The Grealish deal is going to be even more expensive than we think.

Sterling is struggling for form but imo this all stems from last season where he was hit by a double whammy of a rival in Foden and the absence of Aguero. We naturally moved him inside and he is really wasteful when one on one with a keeper. For some reason he finishes better when coming in on an angle. Martial is like that.

I hope he knuckles down and works but the easier way out is to get a move. He's been out of form for City for a long time and yet electric for England so I suspect it does come down to the different roles he is playing for club and country.

Pep's job is not to make Sterling happy but to make City fans happy. But would City be better off with Sterling wide left over Grealish. Pluses and minuses. We'd have been better off putting Sterling back on the left, bringing Foden inside and spending £100m on a defensive midfielder and left back. But that's hindsight.

If I was a betting man, I wouldn't put a penny on us winning the CL this season. It's the monkey on Pep's back that will drive him to distraction.
The FA Cup and Carabao give a chance to blood young players and give the older hands a break.
We're going to see big changes to the first team squad over the next two seasons as more youngsters start to come through (at last) and new faces arrive.
It's stepping back for a period to avoid getting stale. It wouldn't do any harm at all.
It depends how good the young players are. They have to have world class potential. Not even players like Angelino made it and he went on to be Leipzig's star player.

It depends how good the young players are. They have to have world class potential. Not even players like Angelino made it and he went on to be Leipzig's star player.
No-one will make it if they have to have world class potential. Foden still has a way to go but has made progress. We have to start taking more risks with youngsters in the hope they break through.
If they don't, the academy system will be called into question. Does it produce top class PL players, or does it exist purely to buy cheap to sell on at smallish profits?

Yes. Time to rebuild and give a few more academy players some game time, and perhaps add a new signing or two in January window.
Working in 5 year blocks, a quiet year doesn't do any harm and allows steady development of new/young players.
All that matters business wise is qualification for the CL.

You write off a year when you’re out of every cup competition, not a month into the season. Get real mate.

You write off a year when you’re out of every cup competition, not a month into the season. Get real mate.
Top four would be a very good season this year.
Anything else would be a bonus.

Our players already look knackered. They've been overworked over the last two seasons in addition to the Euros etc.
We're in danger of being victims of our own success if we keep chasing every trophy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.