Who Will Pose A Threat Next Season

Finished 4th and lost CL final thanks to 2 horrendous GK blunders and a wonder goal.
Barring Karius, Klopp's been excellent in transfer market.
You can see he's completely rebuilding midfield.
GK and top CB next to VVD still needed
LFC are a quirky side. They finished 4th, but only on the last day of the season when Arsenal and Chelsea were much diminished by managerial crises. They ended up with a point less than the previous season. And this after buying a player who scored over 30 goals. They should have significantly improved. They did not.

Fabinho and Keita sound like good buys, but I thought Bakayoko was a great buy for Chelsea and that didn't work out, or hasn't yet.

City are miles ahead of all our opponents. In every position we have the best players except maybe centre-forward and that may change now that Aguero has had his knee op. Jesus may return from the World Cup a superstar. And next season we'll have Mendy.

It's down to how hungry City are.

Chelsea are a bit unknown. They have a great squad. Utd look miles off a title challenge but I get the feeling they will go all out this Summer in the transfer market.

My perfect Summer transfer window would be City get Mbappe, Mahrez and Jorginho (I don't know him but seems Pep wants him) and Utd get Ronaldo.

Nightmare would be Utd get Bale. Either way I think we're pushing Utd to the financial limit now, and if they don't get back next season it's going to be very difficult for the next coach.

If you slip your standards you will be on the bench under Pep (or transfered) so we have the best chance of any team retaining the Premier League trophy in years

The best chance of finishing 2nd in order is:
Man Ure, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Arse in that order.

Wolves will be the dark horses.

Chelsea under Sarri.

All they need is a striker and they've got the second best XI in the league and the second best manager.
Chelsea are weird, because when they're not in the CL/have a new manager, they usually have a strong season and push for the title. However, Sarri's style of play is very different to Conte's, so it may take a season for them to fully acclimatise.

Chelsea are weird, because when they're not in the CL/have a new manager, they usually have a strong season and push for the title. However, Sarri's style of play is very different to Conte's, so it may take a season for them to fully acclimatise.
That's true. Chelsea's threat level really depends on how quickly they adapt.

It'll be interesting to see whether it's the end of the back 3.

The 19+ points gap is irrelevant next year. All big teams will improve and will get better, and therefore we should also improve. Liverpool has already started early, and they have now Fabinho and Kita, and they might even have Fakiri and a better goalkeeper, they will be a stronger team without any doubt. We do not know yet what is United, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Tottenham plans. Complacency will be our biggest mistake; thus, continuous improvement with high-quality players is a must. We need to learn from our games with Liverpool and ask why they could press us high and cause us a lot of trouble. Pep needs to answer the question and avoid to be in the same situation next season.

The 19+ points gap is irrelevant next year. All big teams will improve and will get better, and therefore we should also improve. Liverpool has already started early, and they have now Fabinho and Kita, and they might even have Fakiri and a better goalkeeper, they will be a stronger team without any doubt. We do not know yet what is United, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Tottenham plans. Complacency will be our biggest mistake; thus, continuous improvement with high-quality players is a must. We need to learn from our games with Liverpool and ask why they could press us high and cause us a lot of trouble. Pep needs to answer the question and avoid to be in the same situation next season.
We have had two seasons adapting to our system.
So by rights, we should be taking in even more complicated instructions from pep.
So even tho additions will be made, the regulars will be slicker.
I think it will be down to us knowing the system better, rather than new signings, at least not immediately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.