Who Will Pose A Threat Next Season

Remains to be seen how well Liverpool have bought. Was not at all impressed by Fabinho when he played against our kids (got pretty much skinned by Luke). Allisson is very likely an upgrade over Karius, but didn't look that hot to me either at the World Cup or in the CL semis. Keita looks good, but has no PL experience - so jury out on that one. Against that, it is fairly unlikely that Salah will have the same kind of season as last year. He will be a very marked man - if he is good enough to overcome that, then power to him. But that's a big question mark also. If Liverpool get the kind of ref'ing they got in the CL quarters and semis then they probably will be a threat. But that will have little to do with Klopp or who they have bought.

I don’t think they will challenge us but they’ll be up there. I could see them winning something like the FA cup.

If we stay motivated I can see City winning the league by 10 points or so. It won’t be a complete domination but it won’t be a battle until the last day either.

Chelsea-Sarri doesn’t rotate at all and they will be playing Europa league. Will need at least one season to go from bus parking to possession based. Don’t know what his first choice midfield will be as Kante and Jorginho play more of less the same position and both are ineffective playing further up the pitch.

Arsenal-bought some quality but still lack leaders on the pitch. Their attack is dangerous but they’ll be fighting for top 4 and not the title.

Spurs-haven’t bought anyone. Will be missing Son for about a month if I’m not mistaken. New stadium, will be a top 4 fight for them.

Rags- the meltdown has already started in pre-season. Many players unhappy. No significant improvements in the squad. Fullbacks in their mid thirties. They over achieved last season, I could see them miss out on top 4.

Liverpool- Alisson, Naby and Fabinho all from different leagues, how will they adapt? Especially Alisson, had a lackluster World Cup, most expensive keeper of all time by far, can he handle the pressure? Will Salah repeat his heroics? They need one more season to challenge for the league. Can see them winning a cup.

Salah IS Liverpool.

If he has a season like the last one, they will compete. If he doesn't, they will implode.

We can expect the goalkeeper to probably be better than the previous ones, but he isn't going to stop them from conceding goals.

All the talk is of the new signings, but what has to happen at Liverpool, is the players from last season have to be as good, or better, just to compete for top 4. Some of them who stepped up surprisingly last season, might actually not reach the same level this.

Halfway through last season, some people on here were talking about the wonderful run Liverpool would soon embark on.

Without Salah they are half the team and depend on him so much.

Liverpool remain reliant on Salah. They have strengthened the team but they will still have the same issue of breaking teams down. They are a counter attacking team, their signings do not change that significantly.

Chelsea are our biggest threat I think. It will take time for them to adjust but they have the players to quite quickly do so. They did their usual shote season after a good one routine and will be back up there this time around. I also think Arsenal will have a good year but ultimately will not challenge.

We have such a good squad. Mendy hopefully comes in and adds more balance on the left. We have Kompany back but if not we know Stones can cope. Mahrez has been one of the best players in the league and can easily do something similar to Salah in our side with the amount of time and space he will have due to the number of good players in our team. Where we finish will be down to how Fernandinho and De Bruyne perform as both are rarely rested and the squad needs to step up to afford them a rest from time to time. Gundogan has a big season ahead of him as does Foden. We saw glimpses against Bayern of what Foden can do from central areas.

I think Liverpool have panic bought Allison. Not watched him much but when I have I haven’t been impressed. Can’t beli anyone would buy a keeper they saw ship 7 goals against them in 2 games. The still have Lovren who will cost them games and like Salah, Robertson who was huge for them last year will have a hard time replicating that level. Though it’s clear that we will have the same challenge to be as good as we were last year. Utd are like genital warts they will never go away sadly. I think Arsenal still lack a decent defence but can see Chelsea being good just because their squad was so strong already.

If Chelsea keep hazard and Kante they will be the biggest threat for me got some great attacking options that will play in an attacking set up this season.

Thing is, I can see no plausible reason why our young players, who played so well last season, won’t be as good as, if not better, this. It might happen, but collectively it’s highly unlikely. Looking at it as negatively as possible, I think it’s a stretch to expect Fern or David S to have a season as good as they delivered last one. But Fern will be protected by being rotated, I believe, so will Merlin.
We have Mendy, who is virtually a new player, and Mahrez, who is a new player. De Bruyne is at the height of his powers.
Liverpool may well push us, so might Chelsea, but I still think we’ll have too much. Good that we’ve got the Arse at their place right from the off. That will be an indication of intent, either way.

I think Liverpool have panic bought Allison. Not watched him much but when I have I haven’t been impressed. Can’t beli anyone would buy a keeper they saw ship 7 goals against them in 2 games. The still have Lovren who will cost them games and like Salah, Robertson who was huge for them last year will have a hard time replicating that level. Though it’s clear that we will have the same challenge to be as good as we were last year. Utd are like genital warts they will never go away sadly. I think Arsenal still lack a decent defence but can see Chelsea being good just because their squad was so strong already.
Hardly panic buying is it? Pretty sure one of the German teams (Bayern?) twatted Benfica about 5-0 in 16/17 CL, yet we went and bought Ederson for a then record fee who, for me, is the best keeper in the league. Never heard of him before we bought him though. They’ve addressed a huge problem, like we did, and have thrown money at it, like we did. I think Ederson is better but the fact is Allison is Brazil’s number one, so there’s an added premium immediately. Add to that Keita, the fact they’ve kept Salah, Firmino gets better each season, Lallana coming back, they’re going to push us all the way. The difference is if Salah gets injured, that alone will upset them more than it would say if Aguero got injured for us, as we have goals all over the park.
Going to be an interesting season.

what? They should have bought a decent keeper three years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.