Who would have thought this in August....

ConnorMCFC said:
im just using them as an example, wouldnt you rather have players like that coming on than vass or fernandes?

as much as you want it to happen we cant have a squad full of 30 million pound players as there not going to want to sit on the bench week in week out

I'd rather have Vass or Fernandes. Or maybe another player or two not nearing 30 earning £100k a week and spending most of their time in the physio room.

Don't make the mistake that many here make of presuming that if someone doesn't want a player at a club it's because they aren't a £30m signing.

ConnorMCFC said:
im just using them as an example, wouldnt you rather have players like that coming on than vass or fernandes?

as much as you want it to happen we cant have a squad full of 30 million pound players as there not going to want to sit on the bench week in week out

Oh I don't know. One set of moderate players is pretty much like any other set of moderate players. Some will be better some will be worse. Good news is that I suspect we will not be fighting off the big guns to get Scotty Parker & co. Seriously its the thought of filling the squad full of ageing, injury prone wankers that depresses the hell out of me but hey if you think thats what it will take to break into the top 4 then good luck with that.

ConnorMCFC said:
moomba said:
BobKowalski said:
ConnorMCFC said:
...next season say we sign scott parker and RSC in the summer, instead of bringing vass and fernandes on we could bing on bellers or RSC, or scott parker?

...oh god kill me now

Me next.

Conner give in man you know it makes sense! The thought of the richest club in the world, strenghening there squad this summer with scotty parker and RSC will, and i have no doubts about this, have baconface, benitez and co shitting their pants. NOT!

BobKowalski said:
ConnorMCFC said:

Oh I don't know. One set of moderate players is pretty much like any other set of moderate players. Some will be better some will be worse. Good news is that I suspect we will not be fighting off the big guns to get Scotty Parker & co. Seriously its the thought of filling the squad full of ageing, injury prone wankers that depresses the hell out of me but hey if you think thats what it will take to break into the top 4 then good luck with that.

I actually do not want Scott Parker and RSC, Connor was using those players as an example. When they are fit they are better than Vass and Fernandes but I agree I don't want ageing players but a younger version of Parker and a fit RSC would be what we are looking for.

moomba said:
ConnorMCFC said:

I'd rather have Vass or Fernandes. Or maybe another player or two not nearing 30 earning £100k a week and spending most of their time in the physio room.

Don't make the mistake that many here make of presuming that if someone doesn't want a player at a club it's because they aren't a £30m signing.
im not persuming that at all, the point i am making is that we will be getting rid of the deadwood in the squad, forget the players i mentioned, we are going to have much more depth in our squad next year, by adding players who would get into most teams outside the 'big 4', you look at chelsea's and united's squads, barring one or two you wouldn't class the players they have on the bench as world class, but they are good enough to get in most teams in the premier league, thats the standard of players we will be going for to improve the squad, aswell as 2-3 world class signings hopefully

kiam06 said:
BobKowalski said:
ConnorMCFC said:

I actually do not want Scott Parker and RSC, Connor was using those players as an example. When they are fit they are better than Vass and Fernandes but I agree I don't want ageing players but a younger version of Parker and a fit RSC would be what we are looking for.

Well you're going to look very silly when Hughes signs them both aren't you? :)

I am listening Connor I know what you mean and I agree, the problem on this forum if you don't mention Kaka or David Villa etc they do not like it. City fans must realise we need to build a solid team before we can attract the superstars, and not just attract them also for them to be able to fit in.

blueinsa said:
Conner give in man you know it makes sense! The thought of the richest club in the world, strenghening there squad this summer with scotty parker and RSC will, and i have no doubts about this, have baconface, benitez and co shitting their pants. NOT!
i was using those as an example mate, i dont want them, but i would rather have them than what we have got, younger players in that mould at the club are what we need to build a squad, not for a starting 11 place, but a squad

So lets look at players that have a lot of improvement in them, and might be able to make a contribution to a title chasing City team.

No point having a Parker coming off the bench (when fit), blocking the spot of a younger player and needing to be replaced in a year or two when we reach a level he's already been found out at.

BobKowalski said:
kiam06 said:
BobKowalski said:
ConnorMCFC said:

Well you're going to look very silly when Hughes signs them both aren't you? :)

I would not be devastated, it would be an improvement but I think we can find better players to fit the bill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.