Who would have thought this in August....

BobKowalski said:
kiam06 said:
BobKowalski said:
ConnorMCFC said:
im just using them as an example, wouldnt you rather have players like that coming on than vass or fernandes?

as much as you want it to happen we cant have a squad full of 30 million pound players as there not going to want to sit on the bench week in week out

Oh I don't know. One set of moderate players is pretty much like any other set of moderate players. Some will be better some will be worse. Good news is that I suspect we will not be fighting off the big guns to get Scotty Parker & co. Seriously its the thought of filling the squad full of ageing, injury prone wankers that depresses the hell out of me but hey if you think thats what it will take to break into the top 4 then good luck with that.

I actually do not want Scott Parker and RSC, Connor was using those players as an example. When they are fit they are better than Vass and Fernandes but I agree I don't want ageing players but a younger version of Parker and a fit RSC would be what we are looking for.

Well you're going to look very silly when Hughes signs them both aren't you? :)

This. Be very very careful what you wish for lads! I see Hughes as the type of bloke that wants all his squad to be in "awe" of him.Thats his comfort factor. He says jump and all his disciples shout back "how high boss". The thought of managing world stars gives him cold sweats. Expect a summer of RSC, scotty parker etc etc etc

moomba said:
So lets look at players that have a lot of improvement in them, and might be able to make a contribution to a title chasing City team.

No point having a Parker coming off the bench (when fit), blocking the spot of a younger player and needing to be replaced in a year or two when we reach a level he's already been found out at.
FFS i used him as an example! younger players in a similar mould to the likes of them, players who are willing to be part of a successful squad, even though they no they wont be playing week in week out, players like o'shea and fletcher at the rags. there not world class players, but they do a job for the team even though they arent first choice!

kiam06 said:
I am listening Connor I know what you mean and I agree, the problem on this forum if you don't mention Kaka or David Villa etc they do not like it. City fans must realise we need to build a solid team before we can attract the superstars, and not just attract them also for them to be able to fit in.

So if you think a particular player isn't right for the club, it's because you'll only accept someone of the calibre of Kaka or Villa.

Bit of a stretch there.

This. Be very very careful what you wish for lads! I see Hughes as the type of bloke that wants all his squad to be in "awe" of him.Thats his comfort factor. He says jump and all his disciples shout back "how high boss". The thought of managing world starts gives him cold sweats. Expect a summer of RSC, scotty parker etc etc etc[/quote]

Thats a good thing, are you crazy. A manager should be the main man who instills fear in the players, look at baconface he has got rid of all the big egos over the years so I don't see your argument. What should Hughes do go night clubbing with Robinho?

kiam06 said:
This. Be very very careful what you wish for lads! I see Hughes as the type of bloke that wants all his squad to be in "awe" of him.Thats his comfort factor. He says jump and all his disciples shout back "how high boss". The thought of managing world starts gives him cold sweats. Expect a summer of RSC, scotty parker etc etc etc

Thats a good thing, are you crazy. A manager should be the main man who instills fear in the players, look at baconface he has got rid of all the big egos over the years so I don't see your argument. What should Hughes do go night clubbing with Robinho?[/quote]

You need a manager who players respect. Hughes wants ordinary players because he knows he can possibly command that respect from them. The likes of a kaka or david villa or eto etc etc would see through hughes in 2 mins flat and he knows it.

kiam06 said:
This. Be very very careful what you wish for lads! I see Hughes as the type of bloke that wants all his squad to be in "awe" of him.Thats his comfort factor. He says jump and all his disciples shout back "how high boss". The thought of managing world starts gives him cold sweats. Expect a summer of RSC, scotty parker etc etc etc

Thats a good thing, are you crazy. A manager should be the main man who instills fear in the players, look at baconface he has got rid of all the big egos over the years so I don't see your argument. What should Hughes do go night clubbing with Robinho?

AF adapted his style of management years ago because the 'fear factor' died out. Its not about fear its about commanding respect. Its about leadership and knowing when to come down on someone and when to give them the arm around the shoulder treatment. Leadership is something you either have or you don't. Hughes ain't got it.

blueinsa said:
kiam06 said:

You need a manager who players respect. Hughes wants ordinary players because he knows he can possibly command that respect from them. The likes of a kaka or david villa or eto etc etc would see through hughes in 2 mins flat and he knows it.[/quote]

Our club needs discipline first then the Kaka's will come don't you see that?

BobKowalski said:
kiam06 said:

AF adapted his style of management years ago because the 'fear factor' died out. Its not about fear its about commanding respect. Its about leadership and knowing when to come down on someone and when to give them the arm around the shoulder treatment. Leadership is something you either have or you don't. Hughes ain't got it.

Thats just not true, baconface has never changed his mangement style. Ask Stam, Horseface and Beckham. And soon Ronaldo who is getting too big for his boots.

kiam06 said:

Any manager, in any profession needs to adapt his style of leadership to each individual he has working for him. That is what fergiscum has done over the years. I tell you something for sure... you do not get the best out of your staff if their overriding feeling is one of fear.

kiam06 said:
blueinsa said:
kiam06 said:

You need a manager who players respect. Hughes wants ordinary players because he knows he can possibly command that respect from them. The likes of a kaka or david villa or eto etc etc would see through hughes in 2 mins flat and he knows it.

Our club needs discipline first then the Kaka's will come don't you see that?[/quote]

Well if its discipline you want i know a regimental sargeant major, he would do a better job than Hughes!

Respect! thats what a manager should command and Hughes has not got it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.