who would take 4th

depps said:
Any changes in UEFA coefficient over this season won't affect how many teams qualify for next seasons Champions League, it will affect the following season. Whoever finishes 4th this season WILL qualify for the Champions League no matter what happens.
Plus Italy aren't anywhere near close enough to overhaul England's co-efficient in one season.

kramer said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
That cant be right i remember if Bayern didnt make the final last season that germany would lose there 4th spot, or was that Inter and italy, either way neither those countries done great until last season while England had teams in 5 consecutive finals until last season

that was Italy here

is this season's access

1 England N4 CH RU N3
2 Spain N4 CH RU N3
3 Italy N4 RU N3
4 Germany N3 CH RU
5 France N3 CH RU
6 Russia N3 CH RU

CH: Champions
RU: Runners-up
N3: Third-placed side
N4: Fourth-place side

If England's clubs perform poorly this season and Germany's and Italy's clubs perform better than England's clubs then due to Italy having a CH and Germany a RU from last season England also looses our CH next season therfore it could result in England getting only 3 spots As all things UEFA it is not transparent so open to manipulation
So just saying that 4th maybe not enough

You are just so wrong .... read this: <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient</a>

We got more coefficiant points last year than we have done for the previous 5 years. And we are MILES away from both Italy and Germany, no chance whatsoever.

de niro said:
right now?

i would,i'm shitting it, not cos of the players but because we seem to have no clue, no cohersion, no attack and a poor defence.
its as though 11 guys, strangers even, have just turned up at the park for a knockabout.

what is being said to these guys, what intructions (if any) do they go out with?

unless there is a marked improvement we are going to get a fair few pastings this season cos the prem has much stronger sides than the ones we have played so far, ok we have tevez to come in,silva even but my word we have been bobbins and bobbins all over the pitch.
I was predicting top 4, but City are beginning to resemble a circus with the number of changes. We needed to buy quickly to beat the UEFA turnover regulations, but it puts us under a lot of pressure immediately, and we don't look anywhere near ready. A World Cup Summer and major signings = little preparation time.

City will be under intense scrutiny, and the players And fans will have to show a lot of bottle if they get off to a bad start. Teams like Utd, Arsenal etc have been together for years and they know everything about each other, and there's trust between the players so they can deal with defeat, and bounce back.

de niro said:
right now?

i would,i'm shitting it, not cos of the players but because we seem to have no clue, no cohersion, no attack and a poor defence.
its as though 11 guys, strangers even, have just turned up at the park for a knockabout.

what is being said to these guys, what intructions (if any) do they go out with?

unless there is a marked improvement we are going to get a fair few pastings this season cos the prem has much stronger sides than the ones we have played so far, ok we have tevez to come in,silva even but my word we have been bobbins and bobbins all over the pitch.

Based upon what i have seen to date certainly the Inter and Dortmund games it would be a fookin miracle if we get 4th however will reserve judgement til Saturdays

Personallly i think we have had a poor summer and the team is no where near as settled as we all would hope - it dont feel irght to me but then again who the fuck am i

i was shitting it about our pre season but people have pointed out that time after time city have had a shit pre season and done well and every time we have a great pre season we fail . Chelsea have lost 3 in a row does that mean they will fail , of course not and villa havent done the best but they always do well . So i was worrying but im not and i can see us putting in a brilliant performance at the lane tbh and ade will shine tbh , i think everyone will kick it into overdrive and just turn the spuds over . Come on you blue boys CTID

Marvin said:
de niro said:
right now?

I was predicting top 4, but City are beginning to resemble a circus with the number of changes. We needed to buy quickly to beat the UEFA turnover regulations, but it puts us under a lot of pressure immediately, and we don't look anywhere near ready. A World Cup Summer and major signings = little preparation time.

City will be under intense scrutiny, and the players And fans will have to show a lot of bottle if they get off to a bad start. Teams like Utd, Arsenal etc have been together for years and they know everything about each other, and there's trust between the players so they can deal with defeat, and bounce back.

DeNiro, I wouldn't read too much into how we are playing at the moment. I suspect we are likely trying out several systems of play this summer as I fully expect that Mancini will use probably 3 or more during the season for different competitions and opponents.

I refer to the quote below from the following link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8423666.stm

The former Italy international tends to line his teams up in a 4-3-1-2 formation but has experimented with pretty much every strategy apart from a three-pronged central defence.

A combative midfield trio forms the heart of his team, but whereas he could call upon Javier Zanetti, Esteban Cambiasso and Vieira at Inter, City's only real midfield destroyer is Nigel de Jong.

So Mancini is expected to recruit in that area - Barcelona's Yaya Toure is rumoured to be a target - and also reinforce a leaky defence.

But he will be delighted to learn that City are already well-blessed in the wing positions, which are pivotal to his tactical approach.

He likes to field at least one - often two - tall and robust strikers, meaning a department that consists of Emmanuel Adebayor and the injury-prone Roque Santa Cruz might well be bolstered

What is written above seems to be very consistent with what we have done in signing Yaya Toure and pursuing Balotelli/Dzeko. I'm not so sure he will pursue a world class CB as he tends to rely primarily on a 7 man zonal defense system which can be difficult to play but relies more on teamwork than individual brilliance.

That being said, I think the only thing that could be a potential issue is man management with Mancini. With the turnover in the squad, there is likely to be some sense of mistrust among the players which needs to be offset by good leadership which Mancini has shown a bad history of.

The bloke writing a blog at:

http://myargentinianfootball.blogspot.com/2008/05/future-of-inter-milan-mancini-to.html

had to this to say about why he was happy Mancini was leaving Inter:

1) He does not have the respect of the majority in the dressing room anymore. The majority of the the players have voted for him to leave. He has had spats with Figo, Crespo, Vieira, Ibrahimovic, and even the team doctors!

This is supported by additional articles:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/05/17/1269501/inters-luis-figo-retires-from-football

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/web/COM1117368/index.htm

We started to see signs of this towards the end of last season where rumors of bust-ups with the manager became quite frequent (Ireland, Tevez, Bellamy spring to mind right away), but so far this pre-season we haven't had much at all.

As long as Mancini can keep control of the dressing room, I don't see any reason why this team wouldn't be challenging for the premier league title.

macmanson said:
Marvin said:

DeNiro, I wouldn't read too much into how we are playing at the moment. I suspect we are likely trying out several systems of play this summer as I fully expect that Mancini will use probably 3 or more during the season for different competitions and opponents.

I refer to the quote below from the following link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8423666.stm

The former Italy international tends to line his teams up in a 4-3-1-2 formation but has experimented with pretty much every strategy apart from a three-pronged central defence.

A combative midfield trio forms the heart of his team, but whereas he could call upon Javier Zanetti, Esteban Cambiasso and Vieira at Inter, City's only real midfield destroyer is Nigel de Jong.

So Mancini is expected to recruit in that area - Barcelona's Yaya Toure is rumoured to be a target - and also reinforce a leaky defence.

But he will be delighted to learn that City are already well-blessed in the wing positions, which are pivotal to his tactical approach.

He likes to field at least one - often two - tall and robust strikers, meaning a department that consists of Emmanuel Adebayor and the injury-prone Roque Santa Cruz might well be bolstered

What is written above seems to be very consistent with what we have done in signing Yaya Toure and pursuing Balotelli/Dzeko. I'm not so sure he will pursue a world class CB as he tends to rely primarily on a 7 man zonal defense system which can be difficult to play but relies more on teamwork than individual brilliance.

That being said, I think the only thing that could be a potential issue is man management with Mancini. With the turnover in the squad, there is likely to be some sense of mistrust among the players which needs to be offset by good leadership which Mancini has shown a bad history of.

The bloke writing a blog at:

http://myargentinianfootball.blogspot.com/2008/05/future-of-inter-milan-mancini-to.html

had to this to say about why he was happy Mancini was leaving Inter:

1) He does not have the respect of the majority in the dressing room anymore. The majority of the the players have voted for him to leave. He has had spats with Figo, Crespo, Vieira, Ibrahimovic, and even the team doctors!

This is supported by additional articles:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/05/17/1269501/inters-luis-figo-retires-from-football

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/web/COM1117368/index.htm

We started to see signs of this towards the end of last season where rumors of bust-ups with the manager became quite frequent (Ireland, Tevez, Bellamy spring to mind right away), but so far this pre-season we haven't had much at all.

As long as Mancini can keep control of the dressing room, I don't see any reason why this team wouldn't be challenging for the premier league title.

we look like a team on hough end, we need to sort things out against valencia, no fucking about with reserves put a side out as near as poss to the one that will start at spurs.

ive put a bet on today that we will finish 1st or 2nd, why not, utd are just shite, chelski are getting on a bit and arsenal are just a bunch of ladyboys.

mossley blue said:
ive put a bet on today that we will finish 1st or 2nd, why not, utd are just shite, chelski are getting on a bit and arsenal are just a bunch of ladyboys.

I BELIVE!

1st

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.