who would take 4th

de niro said:
macmanson said:
DeNiro, I wouldn't read too much into how we are playing at the moment. I suspect we are likely trying out several systems of play this summer as I fully expect that Mancini will use probably 3 or more during the season for different competitions and opponents.

I refer to the quote below from the following link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8423666.stm

What is written above seems to be very consistent with what we have done in signing Yaya Toure and pursuing Balotelli/Dzeko. I'm not so sure he will pursue a world class CB as he tends to rely primarily on a 7 man zonal defense system which can be difficult to play but relies more on teamwork than individual brilliance.

That being said, I think the only thing that could be a potential issue is man management with Mancini. With the turnover in the squad, there is likely to be some sense of mistrust among the players which needs to be offset by good leadership which Mancini has shown a bad history of.

The bloke writing a blog at:

http://myargentinianfootball.blogspot.com/2008/05/future-of-inter-milan-mancini-to.html

had to this to say about why he was happy Mancini was leaving Inter:

This is supported by additional articles:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/05/17/1269501/inters-luis-figo-retires-from-football

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/web/COM1117368/index.htm

We started to see signs of this towards the end of last season where rumors of bust-ups with the manager became quite frequent (Ireland, Tevez, Bellamy spring to mind right away), but so far this pre-season we haven't had much at all.

As long as Mancini can keep control of the dressing room, I don't see any reason why this team wouldn't be challenging for the premier league title.

we look like a team on hough end, we need to sort things out against valencia, no fucking about with reserves put a side out as near as poss to the one that will start at spurs.

I'm not convinced the team you see play Valencia will be the same team that plays against Spurs. From a tactical standpoint, I think premier league football is generally weak on tactical play and I think as fans we've come to expect a starting 11 followed by an "established" system of play.

I don't think we'll see that under Mancini at all. I think you'll see squad rotation liked he talked about and different systems of play which I'm sure is going to annoy quite a few City fans. This is the foundation of modern football coaching though, where players are taught the "principles of play" rather than a system of play. Any player who understands the principles of play should have no problem adapting to playing in any system of play.

Mancini has already made a big deal about how all of his signings are able to play in multiple positions which will allow him to change systems of play during the game. It can take some bedding in time, as his first season at Inter he had 18 wins, 18 draws (7 in a row as well) with only 2 losses. The form of the team only marginally improved the next year where they were awarded the Scudetto due to the match fixing scandal which stripped Juventus of the title and Milan of 2nd place. Inter only finished slightly ahead of Fiorentina in 3rd.

It wasn't until his 3rd season with no Juventus and an a Milan team that had been docked 8 points for the previous season match fixing scandal did his team finally break out and set a record of 97 points that season. I think we should expect to see something similar with the progress of City.

-- Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:27 pm --

mossley blue said:
ive put a bet on today that we will finish 1st or 2nd, why not, utd are just shite, chelski are getting on a bit and arsenal are just a bunch of ladyboys.

2nd place is shit...Interesting to note. Anybody who claims that United will be a shit team this year aren't dealing with reality. I've no particular hate for United like some do so my comments aren't tainted by hatred. They have a good squad and they will be challenging this year just like they have for the past several years.

MadchesterCity said:
kramer said:
that was Italy here

is this season's access

1 England N4 CH RU N3
2 Spain N4 CH RU N3
3 Italy N4 RU N3
4 Germany N3 CH RU
5 France N3 CH RU
6 Russia N3 CH RU

CH: Champions
RU: Runners-up
N3: Third-placed side
N4: Fourth-place side

If England's clubs perform poorly this season and Germany's and Italy's clubs perform better than England's clubs then due to Italy having a CH and Germany a RU from last season England also looses our CH next season therfore it could result in England getting only 3 spots As all things UEFA it is not transparent so open to manipulation
So just saying that 4th maybe not enough

so we have to cheer on the English teams in Chumps league??

Or hope the Italians and Germans are poor

we hope the italions and germans are poor

given that we haven't played a single game with our new team, i'm amazed at the over reaction.

I'd take fourth in an instant. I think next season will be taxing on us. The press expect miracles, we want entertaining results and our owners want Chimps league.
NO PRESSURE!

Can see a strong 3rd with us in the title mix until the last few weeks before fading. 3rd and a pot will do nicely and very achievable. Oh and people need to grow some balls. Its tough at the top and you need a set to hack it :)

I'd be happy with 4th, it would represent another step up the ladder and a progression from the previous year.

It would hopefully gain champions league football, which would in turn further enhance MCFC reputation across the globe.

I'd take 4th right now. I've got a horrible feeling this is not going to be an enjoyable season.

Since when have City became on another level from Spurs, I find it funny that when you guys are making your prediction, the idea that Spurs might finish ahead of you don’t even cross your mind, never mind Arsenal. It’s like you have convinced yourself there are 3 teams above everyone and that’s united, Chelsea and city….just when did you became that good? During the summer? I mean do you guys look at City play and see a fantastic team? Forget the names or the money spend….you play pants football and the idea that come aug 14 suddenly you going to play great football, break down team and actually look like a team is delusional. Time to wake up, if you get fourth, you have done really well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.