who would take 4th

danburge82 said:
We were just as poor last pre-season, the same things were said about "no cohesion, shit defence, can't keep the ball". We won our first four games and went on to come an excellent fifth, considering I thought we were about the 7th best team in the Prem last season!

And we've got a better squad this season, and a manager that averaged 1.8 points per game in his 6months with us last season as apposed to Hughes who averaged 1.4. You work that out on total games and there's a big difference!

As for worried about where we finish, I'm still not really bothered as we are way off bein the finished article and need a good 5 years of establishing ourselves and playing together with a solid foundation of players like they have at Chelsea and the Rags - their core have played together for 5+ (even 10 years in Uniteds case) years!
Our longest serving players are Nedum Onuoha, Stephen Ireland and Micah Richards. They won't even be regular starters in our team, may e not even in lower rounds of the cup comps! So most of our squad are new players, how can anyone expect a squad full of new players (2 years or less for all!) to come good and set the world alight? If you do you're unrealistic!

Just a higher points total than last season and I'll be happy. Even if that's 5th place again, oh well then so be it! I don't support City to demand we finish in a certain place in the league, I'll still have my seasoncard and support them just as happily and passionately if we finish 15th or get relegated!

It's funny. I don't think you've ever posted anything which I agree with...i imagine you would say the same thing...

I think you'll find even the owners have higher expectations than you. Finish 5th and Mancini will be out on his arse. Fuck, personally I think a tepid 4th place finish won't assure his future. He's going to have arguably one of the best squads in Europe, and the owners and supporters alike are going to demand that this leads to results.

So, would I take 4th today? No chance.

BillyShears said:
I think you'll find even the owners have higher expectations than you. Finish 5th and Mancini will be out on his arse. Fuck, personally I think a tepid 4th place finish won't assure his future. He's going to have arguably one of the best squads in Europe, and the owners and supporters alike are going to demand that this leads to results.

What's happened with Chelsea has taken time, though. There's been the spine of a strong side for ages (Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba) and they only won the double for the first time in 09/10. They've also not won in Europe despite several near misses.

City are still very much work in progress and I'd hope the Board understand this.

3rd - Yes please
4th - Yes
5th - Meh
6th - Do one

For me with the money spent, and the quality that money has been spent on, one place progression, (4th), would almost be a failure in terms of what that investment delivered. Put another way, did Spurs spend £100m, (if thats what we end up spending), to progress from wherever they ended up 08/09 to finish 4th last season? No, they didn't. We should be finishing top 2 or 3rd at least. Whether we will depends on the gelling of the team.

BillyShears said:
danburge82 said:
We were just as poor last pre-season, the same things were said about "no cohesion, shit defence, can't keep the ball". We won our first four games and went on to come an excellent fifth, considering I thought we were about the 7th best team in the Prem last season!

And we've got a better squad this season, and a manager that averaged 1.8 points per game in his 6months with us last season as apposed to Hughes who averaged 1.4. You work that out on total games and there's a big difference!

As for worried about where we finish, I'm still not really bothered as we are way off bein the finished article and need a good 5 years of establishing ourselves and playing together with a solid foundation of players like they have at Chelsea and the Rags - their core have played together for 5+ (even 10 years in Uniteds case) years!
Our longest serving players are Nedum Onuoha, Stephen Ireland and Micah Richards. They won't even be regular starters in our team, may e not even in lower rounds of the cup comps! So most of our squad are new players, how can anyone expect a squad full of new players (2 years or less for all!) to come good and set the world alight? If you do you're unrealistic!

Just a higher points total than last season and I'll be happy. Even if that's 5th place again, oh well then so be it! I don't support City to demand we finish in a certain place in the league, I'll still have my seasoncard and support them just as happily and passionately if we finish 15th or get relegated!

It's funny. I don't think you've ever posted anything which I agree with...i imagine you would say the same thing...

spot on billy the owners and even mancini will expect nothing more than top 3 imho,i would say mancini may be under a lot more pressure this season than even hughes was last season to win a trophy or a comfortable top 4 finish and with mancini and the squad even after the pre season i believe we will be just fine.

I am not at all worried by the pre season - new players; post World Cup and all that. I am however slightly fearful of a poor start and Bluemoon melt down with one point from nine after three Games. But; if you ask me now would I take fourth the answers no. We have good Management and great players in all areas. I expect a fight all the way for the Title and I expect long,long runs in all the Cups. I think it's our time now.

kramer said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
That cant be right i remember if Bayern didnt make the final last season that germany would lose there 4th spot, or was that Inter and italy, either way neither those countries done great until last season while England had teams in 5 consecutive finals until last season

that was Italy here

is this season's access

1 England N4 CH RU N3
2 Spain N4 CH RU N3
3 Italy N4 RU N3
4 Germany N3 CH RU
5 France N3 CH RU
6 Russia N3 CH RU

CH: Champions
RU: Runners-up
N3: Third-placed side
N4: Fourth-place side

If England's clubs perform poorly this season and Germany's and Italy's clubs perform better than England's clubs then due to Italy having a CH and Germany a RU from last season England also looses our CH next season therfore it could result in England getting only 3 spots As all things UEFA it is not transparent so open to manipulation
So just saying that 4th maybe not enough

Any changes in UEFA coefficient over this season won't affect how many teams qualify for next seasons Champions League, it will affect the following season. Whoever finishes 4th this season WILL qualify for the Champions League no matter what happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.