Who would you buy in the summer ?

The key thing is to have a balanced team. You can't have six galacticos who all wanna go forward and not do much work, you also can't get by with grafters alone. The Kaka criticism is just ignorant, I wonder if Fergie was offered a Fletcher-Kaka swap he'd say no because Darren does a vital job for the team. Would he f$@k he'd kick his love child to Madrid knowing he's easily replaced and Kaka is one in a million!

All irrelevant really as I don't think we can get the Kaka's of this world just yet, maybe in a couple of years though. When we can go out and buy the next Maradonna I sincerely hope we get him as I wouldn't care about him being an insane, coke snorting, temperamental character, I would just be happy to see some truly magical football at City.

andy said:
The key thing is to have a balanced team. You can't have six galacticos who all wanna go forward and not do much work, you also can't get by with grafters alone. The Kaka criticism is just ignorant, I wonder if Fergie was offered a Fletcher-Kaka swap he'd say no because Darren does a vital job for the team. Would he f$@k he'd kick his love child to Madrid knowing he's easily replaced and Kaka is one in a million!

All irrelevant really as I don't think we can get the Kaka's of this world just yet, maybe in a couple of years though. When we can go out and buy the next Maradonna I sincerely hope we get him as I wouldn't care about him being an insane, coke snorting, temperamental character, I would just be happy to see some truly magical football at City.

Kaka has been awful this season and Van De Vaart has been far better at the top of their midfield diamond. It was rumored that Van De Vaart was on his way to Everton on loan last season until Madrid said at the last minute they needed him to stay.

Our priorities should be getting a new central midfield, and a right-back. But I have thrown in a new left-back and a new striker.

Right-Back

Realistic: Maicon
Unrealistic: Dani Alves
Dream: Maicon/Alves

Left-Back

Realistic: Cristian Ansaldi
Unrealistic: Ashley Cole (although waving some money under his nose might do the trick)
Dream: Evra

Defensive Midfield

Realistic: Yaya Toure
Unrealistic: Essien/De Rossi
Dream: Xavi

Attacking Midfield

Realistic: Javi Martínez (Spain U-21 captain)/Yoann Gourcuff/Marek Hamšík
Unrealistic: Kaka/Fabregas
Dream: Iniesta

Winger

Realistic: Di Maria/David Silva
Unrealistic: Ribery
Dream: Messi (obviously)

Striker

Realistic: Torres
Unrealistic: Higuain
Dream: David Villa

Dream Manager: Pep Guardiola
Dream Director of Football: Johan Cruyff
Dream Owner: Sheikh Mansour

hbruz80 said:

Why on earth do people think Torres is realistic. The guy is one of the most loyal players out there. Refused to sign for Real or Barca because of his love for A. Madrid. He loves Liverpool as a club and has stated this many times in the press. He has also stated he wants to stay at Liverpool and doesn't want to go anywhere else, let alone another Prem league club.

He is certainly not a player motivated by money. Where ever he plays the guy is going to earn big money, he would not go to a club just to earn more than what is already a huge sum.

He would never sign for Real Madrid and he will never sign for Liverpool's rivals either. He he moves from Liverpool, maybe he would go to Barca.

He will NOT entertain the thought of coming to Man City.

tevezblue said:
hbruz80 said:

Why on earth do people think Torres is realistic. The guy is one of the most loyal players out there. Refused to sign for Real or Barca because of his love for A. Madrid. He loves Liverpool as a club and has stated this many times in the press. He has also stated he wants to stay at Liverpool and doesn't want to go anywhere else, let alone another Prem league club.

He is certainly not a player motivated by money. Where ever he plays the guy is going to earn big money, he would not go to a club just to earn more than what is already a huge sum.

He would never sign for Real Madrid and he will never sign for Liverpool's rivals either. He he moves from Liverpool, maybe he would go to Barca.

Pele was loyal, Maldini was loyal, Del Piero is loyal, Raul is loyal, Totti is loyal, Torres moved from his boyhood club Athletico to Liverpool to win trophies! Of course he would not sign for Real Madrid that is like saying Gerard would not sign for the Rags! Torres may not be motivated by money, but he has proven that he is motivated by success.

ThreeTeamSupporter said:
KAKA is shite - struggling at Real - dont want another white elephant - if this last 18 months has shown us one thing superstars we dont want instead we want quality class players that have a huge workrate and plenty of skill and ability. Rather have a Fletcher than a Kaka

Sorry, but the first bit of that paragraph is one of the most ignorant things I've read on here for a while. Kaka was the Champions League top scorer in 2007, he's won the Ballon D'Or, he's won the Fifa World Player of the Year award, all very recently.

He is most definitely not 'shite', as you so eloquently put it. It would be wonderful to have him at COMS. And even if you disagree with that last part, at least acknowledge that he is a 'quality class player'. Time to re-evaluate your football knowledge, methinks.

Shite in the sense that his current form is abysmal. Fantastic player at his best but dont certainly Real have not seen anywhere near his best despite breaking the bank for him.

I accept he is a world class player but his performances for Brazil have always always been far better than for his clubs. Buy the fooker at 45 Million a week or what ever BUT can see players out there with better form for a fraction of his salary.

My football knowledge is fine and historically KAKA has been a fantastic players but his current form is SHITE.<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:09 pm --<br /><br />
andy said:

If Fergie was offered a swop he would take it but bet your bottom dollar he would be straight back out to buy another player like Fletcher to pair with him.

back up GK: hart (recall) or neuer
RB: maicon or bosingwa
rotation CBs with kompany: lucio and/or chiellini
LB: lahm or taiwo
box to box CM: y.toure or gerrard
a good winger: mata or j.cole or ribery
a top striker: d.villa or anelka
a couple of squad players: (2 or 3 out of) hleb, k.p.boeteng, kroos, seedorf, dorrans, merida.

hbruz80 said:
tevezblue said:

Pele was loyal, Maldini was loyal, Del Piero is loyal, Raul is loyal, Totti is loyal, Torres moved from his boyhood club Athletico to Liverpool to win trophies! Of course he would not sign for Real Madrid that is like saying Gerard would not sign for the Rags! Torres may not be motivated by money, but he has proven that he is motivated by success.

Each of those players were lucky to be at clubs that competed for top competitions year after year after year. How do you define loyalty? When Torres left A. Madrid they were in a real mess financially and the money they got for him sorted it out. Is that loyalty?

You cannot define loyalty as simplistically as you have above. It doesn't make any sense.

Torres will not come to Man City. If you want a wager i can set this up on betfair. Money where your mouth is time.

tevezblue said:
hbruz80 said:

Each of those players were lucky to be at clubs that competed for top competitions year after year after year. How do you define loyalty? When Torres left A. Madrid they were in a real mess financially and the money they got for him sorted it out. Is that loyalty?

You cannot define loyalty as simplistically as you have above. It doesn't make any sense.

Torres will not come to Man City. If you want a wager i can set this up on betfair. Money where your mouth is time.

So if the banks tell liverpool Torres must be sold where would he go? won't go barca/madrid cos he's turned them down before, unt can't afford him.... chelsea possibly?

But not city who lets say we get CL football? he doesn't have to be a mercenary we can pay him his current wages at liverpool if that makes him happy.

If we get 4th anything could happen... We need fullbacks (suspect Mancini feels so also looking at his selection yesterday!) and both attacking and defensive midfield strengthening...

Hundreds of players I would love us to sign, but top of my list are...

De Rossi
Hamsik
Jovetic
Di Maria
Robinho
Chiellini
Maicon
Lahm

(not saying all of them!)

I don't think we need to sign a striker - certainly not a first choice (but I wouldn't turn one down). If we can make our midfield more productive the strikers we already have are capable of tearing it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.