Who would you like us to sign next?

A 22-25 year old, quick, tall defensive midfielder, who if required can play Centre Half and has the ability to show onfield leadership by getting a grip of others when we are under the cosh!

In short, a young Vieira!

As I don't watch any football other than City, I am not best placed to suggest a particular individual, however I'm sure some of the more obsessive followers of World football could suggest a few names.

I would like to see Rodwell manage a few games and see if he is up to the task, otherwise we need a player similar to Fernandinho as him and Yaya can't play every game together and Garcia isn't good enough to fill in versus any difficult opposition. We get overrun in certain games playing two in the middle, so a 3rd top quality CM would be welcome.

Possibly someone like Strootman, Matuidi or Fernando, think we would have a good chance to sign any of these players who would all be an upgrade on Garcia and are not injured all the time like Rodwell. Possibly even Cabaya as a CM would be realistic, he was ready to leave in the Summer and is a pretty complete midfielder with the ability to play some nice long balls, something our team doesn't really have.

If Pelle doesn't go for a midfielder I would like a new LB as although Clichy does a good job, he really hinders our play by being so hopeless at attacking. Kolarov is almost the exact opposite in that he isn't good defensively (although improved on previous performances) but is decent going forward. So would look to shift Kolarov to some Italian team and try bring in a young attacking LB like Shaw or Digne. I can't think of any other LBs but think its something we will need to look into for next season, possibly promote an academy player?

Micah injured again...getting beyond a joke now. I'd be looking for a decent RB to rotate with Zabba in the summer transfer window, someone like Kyle Walker from Tottenham (Exchange + cash??) would be perfect in my opinion. Not sure he'd want to swap first team footy for playing second fiddle here but he'd get opportunities and we've got the lure of Champions League football. Either way this issue needs addressing quick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.