Who would you like us to sign next?

Cityinmyheart said:
Two players....

-Marco Reus

-A decent CB....

Not seen much of Dortmund except their CL matches this year, but hasn't Reus not really lived up to expectations?
Completely agree with a CB though; could of won 6-1 if Demichelis didn't insist on playing them onside. He's more frightening that Savic, because at least when we had Savic, we had either Kompany or Lescott on top form, the best keeper in the league and Nige shielding them.

Sir Joe Aguero said:
Cityinmyheart said:
Two players....

-Marco Reus

-A decent CB....

Not seen much of Dortmund except their CL matches this year, but hasn't Reus not really lived up to expectations?
Completely agree with a CB though; could of won 6-1 if Demichelis didn't insist on playing them onside. He's more frightening that Savic, because at least when we had Savic, we had either Kompany or Lescott on top form, the best keeper in the league and Nige shielding them.
rubbish, savic had his confidence in shreds and was a ticking timebomb after the first mistake. Demichelis has good passing and reads the game well. He does make a lot of mistakes but he doesn't let them get to him like savic did obv because of experience.

Do we need another centre back?

I know our defence hasn't been great this season but any CB would look poor with the way we've lined up this season and ho much space we've left between defence and midfield, but as the players get more used to the system our defence will get stronger.

We have Kompany, Demi and Nastasic all great defenders. Lescott will leave in the summer but Rekik will return from a loan and take his place. Richards could also do a job there if he gets fit.

Another Fernandinho, to rotate so we always have one who is fit to play.

A top quality centre back, one who can organise the defence and rotate with others so we never have to play Garcia at centre-back again.

Only really tongue in cheek suggestions, but we do need a keeper who is a great shot stopper like Hart but better at distributing the ball, more like Pantilimon does. If he can both throw the ball out to our players and setup attacks or kick the ball out accurately to our players I'd be a lot more confident in our keepers. Hart can do this but he needs coaching on the footballing side of his game. He's a better shot stopper than Pantilimon but he just isn't a complete keeper.

Left back needs an upgrade and we need cover for Zabaleta because we don't know if Richards can last a game at the moment. Other than that I think it is becoming more obvious that Yaya isn't a defensive midfielder but is a lot more comfortable running at defences from the halfway line, and that is our problem with the defensive side of our game.

These are areas that need fixing and probably won't happen until summer but fixing one or two would see us toughen up the team to put on a bit of a surge in the second half of the season if we are to stay and compete for all four trophies on offer. I'm sure it would be very sweet for Pellegrini to land 2 or 3 this season ! We can but dream can't we ?

shevtheblue said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:
Cityinmyheart said:
Two players....

-Marco Reus

-A decent CB....

rubbish, savic had his confidence in shreds and was a ticking timebomb after the first mistake. Demichelis has good passing and reads the game well. He does make a lot of mistakes but he doesn't let them get to him like savic did obv because of experience.
Nah, not buying that. Never seen a player in recent memory insist on playing such a high line, or one slow enough to rectify it. He's a stopgap, nothing more. Would like to see Mangala come in, the man is unreal at jumping. We let in and score too few corners. He's Nastasic's age so they could be our future CB pairing. Pace and power combined with technique and reading, would be great to see them together.
Kompany, Nasty, Mangal, Rekik/Zouma is a very good set of CB options.

I guess it all comes down to money and how much City are prepared to spend in the January window.

A quality midfielder to take on the role of cover for YaYa and Fernandinho, though I think Milner could well do a very good job there.

A left back. Not convinced by Clichy this season and Kolarov is not good enough as a defender for where we want to be. I'd go for Baines as he can defend and is more of an attacking threat than what we currently have. Importantly he would not be Champions League cup-tied so would give us further options. Equally, he is English.

Now at the stage where we need to be looking for virtual replicas of those players who regularly start, but anyone who comes in must be better than the majority of the bench. The crucial area is central midfield and I would imagine we have identified someone already. Can't see us signing any English players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.