Who would you like us to sign next?

We could try to go for Alexandru Maxim, not a grade A player like Mata, Reus or Draxler but he has the most assist in the Bundesliga currently, probably wouldn't cost much.

Bpughh said:
along w leighton baines, I think willy caballero is a must buy in january. I see Joe Hart as our long term #1 but he's no where near where he needs to be right now. Caballero unlike Pantillimon, would scare the shit out of Hart and force him to step up his game if he ever wants to see the field again. Caballero is top class IMO, he doesn't ever lose focus and is exactly the kind of competition we need for Hart to come back to his glory days.

The defensive mid thing worries me too, especially if we want to compete against teams like bayern, real, and barcelona. Pogba would be ideal but we might have to wait till summer to make that move. For January though, we do need someone, a veteran that can still bring it and could be eligible for Champions league... Finding that player might be a bit tricky though and the last thing we need to do is waste money on another player who isn't even good enough to be a squad player. i.e. javi garcia, rodwell, and sinclair... If it were me, I'd look at Bruno from villarreal or fernando from porto (even though he couldnt play CL)... It's a damn shame we got rid of NDJ though, he'd be perfect. We might be forced to recall barry from loan... though I don't think that'd help too much. I'd almost rather see Milner be converted into a holding mid bc for me, Barry's lost it and Milner is discipline enough to learn the position... probably a bit of stretch that one and just goes for showing how desperately I think we need a change in that area for the big games, at least. Bayern completely dominated us bc they played with 5 in the middle, we need a modified 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 option to go to

Come summer time, I think it's time to say goodbye to clichy and kolorav (though if we get baines in january I can see one being shipped out then), lescott, rodwell, garcia, pantillimon (for me he's too young to be content with #2 and simply not good enough to ever be our trusted #1), and dzeko... not too mention barry and sinclair. Let's have them all replaced with fresh faces who will fit Pelligrini's style of play better bc whether he's in charge or not, seems like the barca boys upstairs are making the all-out-attack philosophy our own.

Summer dreams: Messi, pogba, mangala, reus or sharawwy (maybe both lol), a young LB like shaw but probably not shaw, unfortunately as I don't see him leaving anytime soon, and a young creative cam... ISCO? oh wait...

leaving us something like...

goalkeepers: hart,
defenders: micah, zab, vinny, nasty, demichiles, mangala, baines, (shaw-like) lb
midfielders: pogba, yaya, fernandinho, fernando, silva, nasri, reus, jesus navas
forwards: el sharawwy(or MESSI), jovetic, negredo, aguero

with boyata and guidetti out on loan

obviously the latter half of this post is a little bit unrealistic... but for fucks sake, we do need some changes

And where in the heck are all these guys going to play? Theres no way theyre signing these top class players and they arent playing regularly.

Keep in mind too guys, that for all of this talk for some "bigger names" were gonna have to somehow accommodate them.

I'm all for bringing in someone like Vidal( even though Juve wont let him go) but unless we play a 4-5-1 somebody is going to have to move.

Jutt said:
Bpughh said:
along w leighton baines, I think willy caballero is a must buy in january. I see Joe Hart as our long term #1 but he's no where near where he needs to be right now. Caballero unlike Pantillimon, would scare the shit out of Hart and force him to step up his game if he ever wants to see the field again. Caballero is top class IMO, he doesn't ever lose focus and is exactly the kind of competition we need for Hart to come back to his glory days.

The defensive mid thing worries me too, especially if we want to compete against teams like bayern, real, and barcelona. Pogba would be ideal but we might have to wait till summer to make that move. For January though, we do need someone, a veteran that can still bring it and could be eligible for Champions league... Finding that player might be a bit tricky though and the last thing we need to do is waste money on another player who isn't even good enough to be a squad player. i.e. javi garcia, rodwell, and sinclair... If it were me, I'd look at Bruno from villarreal or fernando from porto (even though he couldnt play CL)... It's a damn shame we got rid of NDJ though, he'd be perfect. We might be forced to recall barry from loan... though I don't think that'd help too much. I'd almost rather see Milner be converted into a holding mid bc for me, Barry's lost it and Milner is discipline enough to learn the position... probably a bit of stretch that one and just goes for showing how desperately I think we need a change in that area for the big games, at least. Bayern completely dominated us bc they played with 5 in the middle, we need a modified 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 option to go to

Come summer time, I think it's time to say goodbye to clichy and kolorav (though if we get baines in january I can see one being shipped out then), lescott, rodwell, garcia, pantillimon (for me he's too young to be content with #2 and simply not good enough to ever be our trusted #1), and dzeko... not too mention barry and sinclair. Let's have them all replaced with fresh faces who will fit Pelligrini's style of play better bc whether he's in charge or not, seems like the barca boys upstairs are making the all-out-attack philosophy our own.

Summer dreams: Messi, pogba, mangala, reus or sharawwy (maybe both lol), a young LB like shaw but probably not shaw, unfortunately as I don't see him leaving anytime soon, and a young creative cam... ISCO? oh wait...

leaving us something like...

goalkeepers: hart,
defenders: micah, zab, vinny, nasty, demichiles, mangala, baines, (shaw-like) lb
midfielders: pogba, yaya, fernandinho, fernando, silva, nasri, reus, jesus navas
forwards: el sharawwy(or MESSI), jovetic, negredo, aguero

with boyata and guidetti out on loan

obviously the latter half of this post is a little bit unrealistic... but for fucks sake, we do need some changes

And where in the heck are all these guys going to play? Theres no way theyre signing these top class players and they arent playing regularly.
i stopped reading when he quoted pogba as a defenive midfielder!

We should buy a world class centre back who will play alongside Kompany and a new left back, sell either Kolarov or Clichy (there's not much between them atm). I'd love to see us buy Neven Subotić, still young and is highly underrated outside Germany also I've seen interviews with him and he speaks perfect English which is important in a defensive understanding. My suggestions for a new left back would be David Alba (never gonna happen), Luke Shaw (looks promising) or Atletico Madrid's Felipe Luis. Other than that my DREAM signing would be Luis Suarez just because I think him and Aguero would be unstoppable together.

January
Thomas Vermaelen
Luke Shaw/ Leighton Baines

Edin Dzeko OUT
Javi Garcia OUT

MurphyMCFC said:
We should buy a world class centre back who will play alongside Kompany and a new left back, sell either Kolarov or Clichy (there's not much between them atm). I'd love to see us buy Neven Subotić, still young and is highly underrated outside Germany also I've seen interviews with him and he speaks perfect English which is important in a defensive understanding. My suggestions for a new left back would be David Alba (never gonna happen), Luke Shaw (looks promising) or Atletico Madrid's Felipe Luis. Other than that my DREAM signing would be Luis Suarez just because I think him and Aguero would be unstoppable together.

I can agree, bar the last sentence. I don't think we need any more strikers and I would not invest a penny more in that area. Enough already. There are other issues to adress - you can't climb up to the top just by stacking up pile of strikers. Especially that two great strikers usually don't work together as good as it would seem on paper, for example Cavani - ibra experiment that is going on at PSG and is looking terrible at the moment.

I would get rid of: Dzeko, Garcia, Kolarov/Clichy (one of them must go), Rodwell.
Bring in: Centre Back, Left Back, Pure Defensive Midfielder and Left-Winger.

The centre back speaks for it self. The same with the left back position as Clichy seems just not good enough.
Pure Defensive Midfielder: Yaya should always play with a license to go forward and Fernandinho is our only option at the moment to provide a cover for the back four. Garcia is sloppy and Rodwell want to march forward, which makes Yaya hold back and make it pointless.
Left-Winger: an optional buy to enrich the squad, but not a real must.

However, knowing the club strategy we will start the next season with a new right-back, striker and attacking midfielder - nevermind mind that we don't need them anymore and we should invest in other fields.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.