Who'll Be Playing Alongside Yaya Next Season?

Yaya got pulled at half time yesterday for "technical reasons" - is that code for "not running about enough"?

Anyway NK's point is well made, Fernandinho can't do all the donkey work if Yaya sees himself as excused boots.

While I do understand we need a defensive midfielder, Fernandinho has recently turned 28. That means he is on his way down. If we want to see better results for the future and not waste a large amount of cash we should go for players below the age of 24.

1) Ignazio Camacho - 23 year old spaniard who plays for Malaga. Tall, strong and a good passer. Will be a better distributer of the ball. However signing him is a bit risky as he has yet to be called up to the national squad unlike Javi Martinez who we missed out on...

2) Casemiro - Currently on loan at Real Madrid's B team. Parent Club: Sao Paulo. Fantastic player with a lot of potential to succeed. We could get him on the cheap.

However, if we are looking for an immediate impact in the defensive mid area, we should go for Ikay Gundogan. Incredibly talented young player, but he will cost quite a bit of money. Fernandinho in my opinion is not worth 40+ million at all. We have Yaya Toure.

Another idea (since there are very few quality defensive midfielders out there) would be to buy a defender and deploy him as a deep lying defensive mid.

If we are able to do this, we should definitely go for Mats Hummels. I think all of you know how good this guy is. It would give our attackers more freedom to go forward including Yaya without leaving a gaping hole behind us. Something like this:

--------GK---------
RB---CB-----CB---LB
-----Hummels-------
-----------Yaya-----
---Silva--------Isco--
------ST----ST------

ilkay-gundogan-bvb.jpg

050513124254.png

Subs: Panti, Richards, Novaretti, Barry, Milner, Nasri, Tevez

I think that's 'almost' reasonable. If I went full FM mode i'd swap out eriksen and lamela for di maria and falcao, switch up the formation accordingly.

Definitely would prefer vidal over fernadinho though and with the rise of pogba and juve needing a decent striker, I think he'd be gettable.

blue soon? said:
050513124254.png

I agree with just Lamela or Di Maria because we are relying on Milner and to a certain extent Nasri for width in our attackers, and our full backs running forward.

I don't think Eriksen will come to City, and even then I don't like the way he plays.

Falcao is alright but, I think that we would have to overpay to get him. Instead, we should get Rodrigo from Benfica. 22 years old, and in a couple of years will be on target to be one of the best strikers in the world.

So for DM is it Gundogan or Hummels pushed forward?

Something like this? lol

050513165750.png

Saif1994 said:
While I do understand we need a defensive midfielder, Fernandinho has recently turned 28. That means he is on his way down. If we want to see better results for the future and not waste a large amount of cash we should go for players below the age of 24.

1) Ignazio Camacho - 23 year old spaniard who plays for Malaga. Tall, strong and a good passer. Will be a better distributer of the ball. However signing him is a bit risky as he has yet to be called up to the national squad unlike Javi Martinez who we missed out on...

2) Casemiro - Currently on loan at Real Madrid's B team. Parent Club: Sao Paulo. Fantastic player with a lot of potential to succeed. We could get him on the cheap.

However, if we are looking for an immediate impact in the defensive mid area, we should go for Ikay Gundogan. Incredibly talented young player, but he will cost quite a bit of money. Fernandinho in my opinion is not worth 40+ million at all. We have Yaya Toure.
Hes has atleast 3 good years in him thats more than enough.

Fernandinho is barely older than Yaya was when we signed him! Should we have said no to Yaya in favour of some young up-and-coming player? No! (Barely) 28 isn't "on the way down", it's "in your prime" (see: Yaya, Van Persie)! And with sports science what it is now, players may go on longer and longer, especially natural athletes like Fernandinho. BTW, according to Transfermarkt, Fernandinho has not been injured since 2011 - don't know how accurate it is.

Buying a mixture of experience and youth is a good thing, Fernandinho has played consistently very well in the Champions League unlike any of our midfielders. I'd still be happy if we invested in a second central midfielder though, this is the area that is so important in Europe and a Yaya/Fernandinho/other quality MF 3-man central midfield in Europe could be exactly what we need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.