Who'll Be Playing Alongside Yaya Next Season?

kun said:
030513213359.png

However unlikely, this would be awesome

I like this

LoveCity said:
Fernandinho is barely older than Yaya was when we signed him! Should we have said no to Yaya in favour of some young up-and-coming player? No! (Barely) 28 isn't "on the way down", it's "in your prime" (see: Yaya, Van Persie)! And with sports science what it is now, players may go on longer and longer, especially natural athletes like Fernandinho. BTW, according to Transfermarkt, Fernandinho has not been injured since 2011 - don't know how accurate it is.

Buying a mixture of experience and youth is a good thing, Fernandinho has played consistently very well in the Champions League unlike any of our midfielders. I'd still be happy if we invested in a second central midfielder though, this is the area that is so important in Europe and a Yaya/Fernandinho/other quality MF 3-man central midfield in Europe could be exactly what we need.

^^Agreed...anyone to write of Fernandinho because of his age is unjustified. He is what is known as THE complete midfielder. Okay the lad has been plying his trade in the Ukraine but he is highly regarded and now wants to move himself.

There is of course other possible targets as well like Gundogan, Paulinho etc who are younger. But Fernandinho is a class player as well and would be an incredible asset to our midfield.

LoveCity said:
Fernandinho is barely older than Yaya was when we signed him! Should we have said no to Yaya in favour of some young up-and-coming player? No! (Barely) 28 isn't "on the way down", it's "in your prime" (see: Yaya, Van Persie)! And with sports science what it is now, players may go on longer and longer, especially natural athletes like Fernandinho. BTW, according to Transfermarkt, Fernandinho has not been injured since 2011 - don't know how accurate it is.

Buying a mixture of experience and youth is a good thing, Fernandinho has played consistently very well in the Champions League unlike any of our midfielders. I'd still be happy if we invested in a second central midfielder though, this is the area that is so important in Europe and a Yaya/Fernandinho/other quality MF 3-man central midfield in Europe could be exactly what we need.

Is Gundogan still a possibility?

Personally, I think Durtmond might be able to bring back Sahin; this could offset the impact, if Gundogan is leaving...

George Hannah said:
I don't think de Rossi fits our age profile now and Isco is an attacking midfielder/winger and very young. Lars Bender from Bayer Leverkusen would also be a great acquisition as an alternative to Benat or Vidal. Kondogbia is another young central midfielder who is tipped to be on his way here and that would be excellent if true - he looks as if he might be top class too.

De Rossi had his chance and buggered it. We need someone with the skills and silkiness of David Silva with the tackling ferocity of De Jong. Must be ten a penny these kind of players - we're gonna be spoiled for choice!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
George Hannah said:
I don't think de Rossi fits our age profile now and Isco is an attacking midfielder/winger and very young. Lars Bender from Bayer Leverkusen would also be a great acquisition as an alternative to Benat or Vidal. Kondogbia is another young central midfielder who is tipped to be on his way here and that would be excellent if true - he looks as if he might be top class too.
De Rossi had his chance and buggered it. We need someone with the skills and silkiness of David Silva with the tackling ferocity of De Jong. Must be ten a penny these kind of players - we're gonna be spoiled for choice!
Silva's gonna work on his tackling in the close season with Nicky Reid and Gerry Gow.

If only Rodders could stay fit a season

[bigimg]http://footballformation.co.uk/team/433/080513105239.png[/bigimg]

roy.or.r said:
Vidal for me!!

-- Wed May 01, 2013 12:57 am --

Vidal for me!!

I like him as well. But would he leave Juve?

-- Wed May 08, 2013 3:24 pm --

BlueMoonz1977 said:
LoveCity said:

And he was brilliant in the CL this year. Were looking a very tough team to beat until they sold their best player after the group stage. Players in this position can play at an extended age. Just look at barry, Carrick, Lampard etc.. 27 gives him at least 3-4 years at the top.

^^Agreed...anyone to write of Fernandinho because of his age is unjustified. He is what is known as THE complete midfielder. Okay the lad has been plying his trade in the Ukraine but he is highly regarded and now wants to move himself.

There is of course other possible targets as well like Gundogan, Paulinho etc who are younger. But Fernandinho is a class player as well and would be an incredible asset to our midfield.

He was brilliant in the CL and they were looking a real tough team to beat until they sold their best player after the group stage. Players at his position can playat an extended age compared to other positions. Just look at barry, Carrick, Lampard etc.. 27 gives him at least 3-4 elite years

Rowell needs to be given a chance. Personally I'm a big fan of his. Big strong and mobile with a goal threat as well. A real box to box player who as long as his hamstrings hold up will go on to play plenty of games for England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.