Who'll Be Playing Alongside Yaya Next Season?

I'd like Luiz...................but i wanted him a year ago to be a holding midfield player for us - unfortunately Chelsea have woken up to that.

This is where we desperately need to strengthen, as good as the Barry's and millers of this world are we need to upgrade to push on. Against stoke and Fulham is very different to taking on European elite

Originally I would have said Milner but I think he is now much improved on the right linking up with the RB and covering the RB in defense.
I think Rodwell can be that man in the engine room and with all the skills to spare.

Tevez
Sergio
Silva
Nasri
Yaya
Milner
Barry
Rodwell

i think these are the players we have to fill the front 6 spots..Edin will be gone and still not sure on Garcia. Another forward , a very fast winger/midfielder, and a deep lying playmaker are what we need.

andy said:
This is where we desperately need to strengthen, as good as the Barry's and millers of this world are we need to upgrade to push on. Against stoke and Fulham is very different to taking on European elite

+1

stan bowles said:
andy said:

+1

Agreed, we need the best of both worlds.
Barry still has a part to play, but an alternative is much needed.

A very good thread indeed, it depends on which formation we play. Yaya as a holding MF in Europe is basiacally useless(harsh but true) Rodwell Injury permitting is certintantly a canidate to nail down a role in MF.

Javi, Superjaws and Rodwell did look great against Chelsea at home. I could see that MF doing resonably well in Europe. If Nasri stays I could see him do a job in the middle of the park only in the 4-3-3 formation, the problem with him is inconsistensy.

I do think 1 of our current CM will have to leave before we sign another, can´t have to many senior CM sitting on the bench. I´ve faith in the people in charge and I do believe they will get it right this summer, I´m not worried.

Paulinho is a good shout, wouldn't cost the earth either. Him (15m), Eriksen (15m), Cavani (45m), a centre-half and a Kolarov replacement and we are ready to rumble.

You could argue that we only really have Yaya, Barry, Rodwell and Garcia as mid fielders. Milner would be used more as a winger in any of our formations. As much as I would like us to sign up Barry again I wonder if we will look to move him on.

That would mean Rodwell, Garcia and the new midfielder fighting for two spots (if we go to 433)
I am in the minority that thinks Garcia is a good player and I think he could be utilized as the holding midfielder in a three. When he was at Benfica he was successful and very efficient at his job because he had Witsel alongside him who covered alot of ground and was a genuine box to box player. If we can get someone like that in our midfield (I think we need one anyway) he can be a good player for us. Said player would help Yaya as well who as awesome as he is just doesn't have the stamina or fitness and we sometimes do suffer because of it. Rodwell could well be this player for us if he can sort out his fitness.

Line up;
Front three
Yaya--------------????
--------Garcia----
Clich-Komp-Nast-Zaba

Suggestions; Paulinho, Camacho, Fernandinho and Bender.

We're going to get nowhere fast in Europe until this role is filled with a high quality player IMO. So I hope the club doesn't neglect it, our midfield is so easily overrun and overwhelmed by fast pressing teams. Dortmund made our midfield look pub team level. I think Rodwell could play a part but am becoming less and less convinced Garcia is going to offer enough even allowing the 'full pre-season and second season' stipulation that comes with all new foreign signings. He came on today, gave the ball away then passed to a West Ham player while under no pressure. I know we have lots of CMs but as many as two new ones should be considered even if one has to wait for next summer when Barry may be near enough finished.

General opinion is that City need to sign a deep lying playmaker to go next to Yaya.

Think this should be as much of a priority as a goalscorer because it'll really help us when teams park the bus.

Should go all in for Gundogan, Dortmund are losing Gotze and probably Lewandowski, so their players might be gettable even if they win the CL, if they sense that the club is getting picked apart.

Dont think we'll get him tho, Benat or Isco are more likely. I really think we won't get anywhere in europe if Barry continues to be our first choice in this position. So this is a really necessary purchase.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.