Whos better.... C. Ronaldo or Messi?

Sabster said:
rickyyt said:
messi
ronaldo goes missing in the biggest games
Mario by the end of next season

The converse is true, Ronaldo performs in the big games (and when his team is under the cosh).

Messi NEVER performs when his team is struggling.

Didn't perform in the CL final versus Barca.

Didn't perform in the 5-0 versus Barca.

I know a player who did though.

Ronaldo is proven himself at more than one club

Unless messi can prove he'd be that good somehwere else then Ronaldo wins.
Barcelona make messi look good, I doubt he'd be half as good anywhere else.
Messi was balls for argentina which shows me he couldnt cope anywhere else.

bell_mcfc said:
Sabster said:
Messi at Barcelona > Ronaldo at Barcelona

Ronaldo anywhere else >>>> Messi anywhere else

Messi is good because of Barcelona. NOT the other way around.

Considering many off Messi's goals and assists are him single handedly running around almost all opposition players how is that Barca making him good. Yes they have Xavi and Inestia in midfield but the way they play they provide more balls to Villa whereas Messi just runs, so surely he could do that at whatever club.
i'll agree with this. ive seen most barca and real games from the last 2 seasons. the amount if times ive seen messi picking up the ball 20-30 yards out before jinking through about 5 or 6 players before scoring. its not as if he stands on the edge of the box waiting for xavi or iniesta to do all the donkey work for him.

as for messi not proving himself in any other league. what a joke. i think it was andy grey who said the same recently that you can't rate messi until he has played in england. what a load of bollocks.

Project said:
Sabster said:
The converse is true, Ronaldo performs in the big games (and when his team is under the cosh).

Messi NEVER performs when his team is struggling.

I could have played instead of messi in both of those games and Barca would still have destroyed.

You CANNOT perform when your team is completely and utterly dominated - he got 0 ball in both of those games. (and yet still won and blatant penalty (el clasico) and almost scored twice in the CL final.

One is a supremely talented footballer, blessed with sublime skill and ability which he has successfully fused with being a repulsive, slimy, cheating piece of shit that is totally lacking in self-awareness and devoid of humility, dignity and character.

The other is Messi.

20sbc07 said:
Ronaldo is proven himself at more than one club

Unless messi can prove he'd be that good somehwere else then Ronaldo wins.
Barcelona make messi look good, I doubt he'd be half as good anywhere else.
Messi was balls for argentina which shows me he couldnt cope anywhere else.

Ronaldo played for the best team in England and then went to one of the best teams in Spain. Ooo...he's really proven himself at a shit club.

Well Messi grew up dribbling past everybody on the streets of Argentina so he must be much better.

Messi wasn't balls for Argentina he hit the bar and post at least half a dozen times and did his usual dribbling magic, just because he didn't score in a completely unbalanced Argentina side...sigh.

What exactly did Ronaldo do? not a lot really.

Sabster said:
Project said:

I could have played instead of messi in both of those games and Barca would still have destroyed.

You CANNOT perform when your team is completely and utterly dominated - he got 0 ball in both of those games. (and yet still won and blatant penalty (el clasico) and almost scored twice in the CL final.

well done for completely discrediting yourself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.