Who's the greatest ?

A previous poster is right to say its always difficult to compare players of different eras and i remember Colin Bell at his peak but for me its got to be David Silva.

World Cup winner, European Championships double winner, truly great player, modest and model professional.

Many people forget even Fergie in his most bitter period of management said he wished he had signed him but he didnt realise how good he actually is.

Make the most of watching him... hes irreplaceable!
Perfectly put.

Your last sentence is both telling and chilling.

Silva. Not only brilliant but I can only really remember one game where where he was below par. Hes so consistently good.

Mmm, difficult one Gord, Colin Bell was my first footballing hero, I was lucky enough to have seen him before and after his injury, but pondering your question, I have to ask myself how much I actually knew about football at such a tender age, and, the clouded view you tend to have when it comes to heroes, what you say is true, he was a shadow of his former self, however (having had the same injury myself and knowing firsthand just how debilitating it is ) to still be able to play at the level he did and not look out of place is surely testament enough to show how good he was before, and cements in my mind that I'm not looking at this with tinted glasses.

But Yaya, he was the one player I really wanted us to sign, could never understand how supposed experts couldn't see what I and many others could see (bitchiness aside), at his pomp, majestic, colossus, unique, immense are words deservedly thrown at him, to me he was one of THE greatest players in any position I'd ever seen, so, like you, with a bit of a heavy heart, I have to say Yaya JUST shades it, regardless of anything else though I'd imagine most fans would have Colin and Yaya in their greatest 11, they'd be the first names on my team sheet anyway.

Toure. The hole he leaves in the squad and it's impact on everyone won't be felt until he's gone. I appreciate all the shouts for Silva but Yaya just shades it. His size allied with his technique and his ability to stroke the ball into the back of the net from almost anywhere within 35 yards of goal is something I'm not sure we'll ever see the likes of again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.