Who's the greatest ?

Colin Bell was my hero .... from watching him make his debut away at Derby and the all the way to his testimonial

David Silva is my absolute favourite player ... such skill, a great temperament and seems a really good bloke

Yaya has been our most important player helping us win more trophies in a relatively short time in our history ..... his agent is a knob who has soured his aura and legacy. Yaya was for me the biggest WOW when we signed him

Aguerooooooo ...... is the greatest moment I have ever seen on a football pitch

What a joy it is being a City fan

PS .... a big shout out for the guy or gal who came up with the Welcome to Manchester poster

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spanish Dave, a true football artist as makes everything look easy and always wants the ball. I feel safe when he has the ball. Always a joy to watch. He scored the fifth goal at old trafford

The greatest to me means not just his skill on a football pitch but also his influence on games, his effectiveness as a role model for the club and his international career. For me, that elevates David just a little over Colin Bell and Yaya. Now what a midfield the three of them would have made at their respective peaks.

I saw Colin Bell in his pomp, and I've seen David Silva in his. Silva has played on snooker table-like pitches, Bell played on some shit heaps. My heart sinks when Silva is not in the team, but I always thought that we couldn't lose with Bell in the side. Silva is the current heart beat of the team, Bell was the heart, the lungs and the brain. CB was not a box to box player, he was a goal line to goal line player. In current financial terms, in his majesty, £200m wouldn't buy Colin Bell!

But let's put a bit of perspective on the debate, though - Colin couldn't defend like Dave Ewing could!

I'm not a religious person, but if there is a God he's called David Silva.

Yaya has had the biggest 'moments', but Silva is the consistently better player, and better than anything else I've seen. Just look at how our other players cope when he isn't playing.

I actually feel sad when I watch him play, as I know it means that's one game closer to the end of his time with us.

Seen it debated plenty, but not sure I've ever seen a thread on the subject: who's the best player to grace the City shirt?

Only saw Colin Bell after his return from injury, when, I'm told, he was the shadow of his former self; but in terms of players you've seen in the flesh who's the best to wear the sky blue?

For me, as a player, it's Yaya. That doesn't mean I respect or admire him as much as David or Sergio; on that score they piss all over him, but in term of contribution on the pitch, it's got to be the big fella, if only by a hair's breadth.

Who's your greatest City player of all time?
Yaya Toure by a mile.

David Silva

Watching Zaba finish this week just made me think about the moment when Dave has his last game. Irreplaceable.

111 Caps for Spain (30) Goals in their most successful spell ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.