Who's the most famous person you have stood/sat next to.....

Re: Who's the most famous person you have stood/sat next to.

Went to see Skylight (a play with Bill Nighy and Carey Mulligan) last week. It was press night and in front of me in the queue was Claudia Winkleman. Couldn't quite believe how stunning a woman she is!

As a young un 10-11-12 going with Grandad, we regularly sat near Clive Lloyd in the Main Stand.
Saw him away at Cov many years later in my early 20's and he said hello, as if he recognised me from somewhere.

dancity19 said:
I've been relatively lucky with famous people sights...

I sat on the table next to Sebastian Vettell at a hotel in Dubai a couple of years ago......sat two rows behind Prince William and Kate at Wimbledon 2 years ago...

My best one though, and up there with the best moments of my life was after the West Ham game this season- when we won the league.

I was on my way back to Euston and was in the same carriage as Noel Gallagher, Mike Pickering and a few of their mates. Another was a famous NME photographer- forgotten his name now...

I didn't wana be 'that guy' who bugged Noel for a photograph, so let it be. Anyway- when we got off the train and onto the platform swarms of city fans gathered round to get a photo with him- I got next to him, in a crowd of others, arms round each other. We started singing the Zaba song. I now have a video of me, arms round Noel Gallagher, singing the Zaba song, on a platform at Euston the day we won the league...

Never going to delete that.

GreAt stuff dan. A memory to take to the grave.

The photographer would have been Kevin cummins. See him regularly, last time old trafford this year. Mike Pickering has been a lifelong regular too. Goes corporate with noel a lot, and sometimes that scully bloke.

We played Walsall in the 3rd round of the cup and Denis Law was commentating on the radio;me and my mate Tony were freezing and jibbed in their grandstand,found a seat and sat down.
Denis comes down to his seat and fucked us off,not really sat next to him as such but near enough.

Can't remember the game but must have been early 1980's and was an evening match. I had a season ticket in the North Stand but unusually was with some mates who had a spare in the Main Stand. It was in the days before squad numbers and missed the team announcement but Ray Ranson was the first choice right back at the time, and therefore usually wore the No. 2 shirt.

This particular game he was having a stinker and I was giving him plenty of stick. "Bloody hell Ranson", "What are you doing Ranson?", "FFS what is the matter with you Ranson", etc, etc. At half time there was a tap on my shoulder so I turned round to see Ray Ranson and his missus (who I'd worked with) sat right behind me with big grins on their faces. "Just thought I'd let you know I'm injured and not playing" he said.

When we won the title against QPR game was in corporate and sat three seats from Clichy's sister. Before the game had pictures taken with Big Joe and Colin.
After the game we had a chat with Garry Cook, shared a lift with Joe Hart. As we were leaving managed to get into the directors lounge. Was talking to Brian Horton and Bernard Halford then found our way into the chairman's lounge.
Went straight up to Brian Kidd and as my brother-in-law knows him from school we managed to stay. A few strange looks but Warren Clarke ( the actor) was in , Summerbee, Lee and Uwe as well. Tommy Booth came in and was amazed we were in there, he and my brother-in-law were friends at school and have stayed friends since. Before he came in we were just drinking bottles of Peroni, with Tommy in we went on the pink champagne.
Khaldoon came in for a short time as well so we have a wealth of pictures, even got the chairman, singing we won the league in Fergie time. Had a great time with everybody in there who knew we were a bunch of chancers from Langley but everybody just had a drink and a good sing song.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Manc in London said:
OB1 said:
We must have been in close proximity at Watford.

To be fair, we only took half the allocation so we were few in number. I'd be amazed if more than half of those who went to that game, were prepared to watch another game of football
I was in corporate hospitality at that game, which was quite nice apart from the fact that you had to walk through the hospital next door to get there and it was in a portakabin. Gallagher was late coming in and got serenaded by "Who are yer..." by the City fans. It was a dreadful game and Foster's mistake gifted Vassell the goal that relegated them. Then came the famous Joey Barton interview.
And it was in 2007 rather than in 2006. Says a pedantic mate of mine.
Yes it was bloody dire, but at least we scored. That was the season we didn't score a Prem goal at home after New Years Day. - We did however miss a penalty in each of the last two home games. The gobby twunt Barton (off target IIRC) against Villa when we were only one down, and Darius bloody Vassell (saved) against the rags when we were awarded one very late in the game which might have gained us a point.

Jeff Hordley (Cain Dingle) stood for a wazz in the next urinal at Maine Road. James Bond (Timmy D) n the city square, last season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.