Why after today has Mancini lost the fans?

He won the league 3 years on the trot in Italy with no competition as such, he lost his job because he couldn't hack it against the better teams in the Champions league. He'll be out of work here soon also unless he changes his tactics.

I was actually bored and embarrassed watching todays game, for the second time this season (after Arsenal away).

There's no doubt we have some talented players, so why target a 0-0 draw just because we're away at Chelsea. Why not give it a real go, get the fans going and create a bit of excitement and entertainment? I don't believe in holding out for a goalless draw, it's far too dangerous (as was proved today).

From a club marketing/business prospective, how is today's performance supposed to win us worldwide fans. Although I'm not personally bothered by that, the owners undoubtadly are. It's shite to watch, and the fans feel cheated (even the ones sitting at home watching on TV!!).

Hate to say it, but Mancini needs to learn a thing or two from Spurs!!

Im one who has finally had it. Its his whole philosophy. He is too scared. If we won today, we would have really strengthened our position as well as denting chelsea. A great opportunity was there.
But mancini doesnt see the opportunity or the Plus side, only thenegatives. Not - what a great position we are in ifwe win, but how worse our position is if we lose.
Hes going to blow it with his negativity. If you try to win but lose, then i can live with that. But to have your sole aim as avoiding defeat and then lose anyway wa just the final straw. I cant for the life of me watch italian football. I tried. I just dont enjoy it. We are playing the same turgid, scared football and ive had enough. I dont think its the way forward and i dont see it leading to success.

It's been coming for a while but let's just sum it up.

We go to Spurs and barely muster a shot on target and have the woodwork and goalie to thank for scraping a point.

We go to Arsenal, put 10 men behingd the ball, get battered to fuck for 25 minutes and have the woodwork to thank for scraping a point.

We go to Villa (who Wolves beat yesterday) and barely muster a shot on goal, getting beat in the process.

We go to the Swamp and go a goal down, get a flukey one back, look to be getting on top, withdraw everyone back when we looked like we could win it and end up losing.

We go to Chelsea and look like we could give it a go for 20 minutes then pull everyone back, try to scrape a point and fail.

It might sound pretty obvious and has been said by countless times, but the main gripe with Mancini's City is our negativity and blatent lack of blend. Were all a bit disspointed with certain signings and whatever, but the main thing is Mancini's downright fear of losing football matches. In a nutshell, I'd like to think that most of the rational supporters didnt expect champions leagues and league titles in such a short space of time; but what we DID expect was an exciting, expansive team to watch, something which for whatever reasons (good and bad) has always been associated with this club.

Today for example, there was literally no pressure on the boys to go out and try to win this game (with the Europa League circumstances and Spurs dropping points) yet still he manages to suck the life out of our attacking players with his fear of actually making a change that might enable us to win a tight football game against a top side.

Its really fucking dour, and were not even getting the results to go with it.

Hes under huge pressure and I for one want him out.

I like mancini but i am fed up of the negative football. i don't understand why we just dont go for the game and take it to the opposition.

and like some1 said before WE HAVE NO PACE. we are very very slow.

Same all the time.sideways backwards sideways never attacking.i belive we have best attack in league but he wont use it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.