Why after today has Mancini lost the fans?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BillyShears said:
I just can't see him changing his philosophies, for me that's the crux of why he won't win us the league (which surely has to be the ultimate aim). Had we won yesterday we'd be back in the race for the title - so with a two week break coming up, and really, having nothing to gain from a point yesterday, it spoke volumes that Mancini still picked the most negative team he could, and was ready to bring on Boyata when Chelsea scored...

Your pain will be taken away, one way or another, that's for sure.

When man is pushed in to Hell's furnace, he looks back upon his life, and what has transpired before.

He either reconciles his previous faults, or he spends an eternity wondering what might have been.

Tolmie's Law- 2011

Is that Mancini realising that his current methods aren't working and taking the shackles off the team? Hope so, we certainly have the players imo.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It might not be the TOTAL disaster others have been previously led to believe.

I think we will squeak fourth, and win the cup.

And then Mancini will be sacked.

Hey Tolm, what do you predict as being the reason (to the fans and the press) for Mancini's dismissal if what you think happens?

Squeaking fourth and winning the cup, if I'm honest is my truest of hopes, perhaps not my steadfast belief.

Scared is the wrong word, more fearful of what might transpire.

If the scenario was to unfold as suggested, not only would it be typical City, it would be because Jose Mourinho has agreed to become our next manager.

It's actually bizarre to see an almost carbon-copy repeat of last season take effect.

Tired, seemingly a demotivated Tevez.

Fighting to clinch fourth spot with Spurs, patchy, unconvincing form, not to mention a semi-final against our biggest rivals.

I just pray the outcome is a little different this time around!

hgblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

When man is pushed in to Hell's furnace, he looks back upon his life, and what has transpired before.

He either reconciles his previous faults, or he spends an eternity wondering what might have been.

Tolmie's Law- 2011

Is that Mancini realising that his current methods aren't working and taking the shackles off the team? Hope so, we certainly have the players imo.

It better fucking not be, at least beyond May this year. He's far too far gone for that.

This isn't just about his philosophy, it's about his decision making, leadership skills, signings and downright intelligence, for me.

He's lacking on all fronts. I've said it before and I've said it again: All style and no substance.

hgblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Tolmie's Law- 2011

Mancini will not change, for anyone.

He is completely steadfast in his beliefs. An admirable quality most of the time.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Hey Tolm, what do you predict as being the reason (to the fans and the press) for Mancini's dismissal if what you think happens?

Squeaking fourth and winning the cup, if I'm honest is my truest of hopes, perhaps not my steadfast belief.

Scared is the wrong word, more fearful of what might transpire.

If the scenario was to unfold as suggested, not only would it be typical City, it would be because Jose Mourinho has agreed to become our next manager.

It's actually bizarre to see an almost carbon-copy repeat of last season take effect.

Fighting to clinch fourth spot with Spurs, patchy, unconvincing form, not to mention a semi-final against our biggest rivals.

I just pray the outcome is a little different this time around!

Surely we don't deserve to go through this again? :( For some reason the thought of loosing out on 4th place is worse than any potential relegation, and I've been here for my fair share of those!

I like Mancini. I still think too many people are expecting too much too soon on account of the money. I still think too many people think we deserve to be hammering every team below us and scraping wins against the top clubs "because we have the squad". That said, the re-emerging prospect of Mourinho has everyone likely, and just ever so slightly, enhancing their doubts of Mancini. And to be quite honest, as much as I like Mancini, if you wan't a fast track way to elevation beyond big money and big ambitions, there almost certainly isn't a more perfect man for the job than Jose.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
hgblue said:

He is completely steadfast in his beliefs. An admirable quality most of the time.

Fair enough, that's my reading of him as well. Just thought it was one possible interpretation of your rather enigmatic post above :-). Watching City is frustrating the life out of me at the moment. Just wishful thinking on my behalf perhaps, that he might see that we're struggling and change it around?

hgblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Fair enough, that's my reading of him as well. Just thought it was one possible interpretation of your rather enigmatic post above :-). Watching City is frustrating the life out of me at the moment. Just wishful thinking on my behalf perhaps, that he might see that we're struggling and change it around?

Maybe it was with regards somebody else's previous shortcomings?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

This stands out for me. A man who moans about being subbed frequently cannot begin to moan about being tired.

As brilliant a player Tevez is, I feel he holds far too much sway. Another gut feeling I have/impression I get is that Tevez seems to feel he is doing us a favour just by being at City.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
hgblue said:

Maybe it was with regards somebody else's previous shortcomings?

Pennies dropped. Cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.