Why after today has Mancini lost the fans?

Soulboy said:
strongbowholic said:
So he spots a weakness at full back and addresses it by signing two widely tipped fullbacks who were being scouted by the likes of Milan etc, and whom most were pleased to be signing?

This has got to be Clarkie-bait, right?

Are you on a wind-up?

Boateng was always a centre half who filled in at right back... Kolarov might very well have been touted for Milan... but Premiership full backs are a different breed.

Do you not think Leighton Baines would have been a better bet than AK?
The same Boateng playing full back for Germany?

There's no denying they haven't worked out just yet, but the thrust of the original argument (spotting weaknesses and not addressing them) doesn't bear scrutiny.

moomba said:
For me it comes down to whether we finish top 4 or not. Not too bothered how we get there this season, what style of football we play and what runs we go on.
Couldn't agree more.

moomba said:
FWIW I have us finishing 4th on 71 points, 4 ahead of Spurs.
What did I say about you being a pretty level-headed guy?

strongbowholic said:
Soulboy said:
Are you on a wind-up?

Boateng was always a centre half who filled in at right back... Kolarov might very well have been touted for Milan... but Premiership full backs are a different breed.

Do you not think Leighton Baines would have been a better bet than AK?
The same Boateng playing full back for Germany?

There's no denying they haven't worked out just yet, but the thrust of the original argument (spotting weaknesses and not addressing them) doesn't bear scrutiny.

Yeah, the same Boateng who played right back for Germany.

A bit like Richards playing right back for England at the time he was playing centre half for City... or Jagielka getting a run out for England at right back when he too is a centre half.

I know he's not a right back. You know he's not a right back. So what's the beef?

Are you suggesting we move him to right back instead of Richards?

Is Richards not our right back currently?

Is Kompany in the correct position? Are we happy with him there?

Was Boateng bought to address that position?

Again, and this is what I was answering, the thrust of the original argument was that Mancini did not spot the weakness at full back and did nothing to address it. I'm pointing out he did.

Whether you agree with his choices is a completely different argument.

strongbowholic said:

Again, and this is what I was answering, the thrust of the original argument was that Mancini did not spot the weakness at full back and did nothing to address it. I'm pointing out he did.

Don't you think that it's rather crucial to identify the right players to address weaknesses in the squad. Particularly when you want to play a system in which those particular players will be crucial...

BillyShears said:
strongbowholic said:

Don't you think that it's rather crucial to identify the right players to address weaknesses in the squad. Particularly when you want to play a system in which those particular players will be crucial...

He spotted the weaknesses and he believes in the abilities of Kolarov & Boateng. These same two players - if we trawl back through the archives - were welcomed with open arms and quotes of "...good players these..." by plenty on here. First season they've had in the Premier League has been a tricky one to say the least, but fuck it, let's all give them the Edghill treatment because they don't immediately turn out to be the greatest thing since sliced cake.

strongbowholic said:
BillyShears said:

He spotted the weaknesses and he believes in the abilities of Kolarov & Boateng. These same two players - if we trawl back through the archives - were welcomed with open arms and quotes of "...good players these..." by plenty on here. First season they've had in the Premier League has been a tricky one to say the least, but fuck it, let's all give them the Edghill treatment because they don't immediately turn out to be the greatest thing since sliced cake.

Weak argument. What people on this forum thought about Kola and Boat has little relevance to whether or not they were in fact good enough. The comment about Edgehill is just pointless.

i think its a gradual thing, we've not played well since fulham away .
scraped a few home wins vs the likes of wolves, blackpool, and wigan.
struggled in the cup against lower league opposition, and got knocked out of europe.
plus 4 out of his 5 signings have not peformed how we all expected.
Just hope he can turn it around, win the cup and get in champs league, its do able.

Prestwich_Blue said:
moomba said:
For me it comes down to whether we finish top 4 or not. Not too bothered how we get there this season, what style of football we play and what runs we go on.
Couldn't agree more.

moomba said:
FWIW I have us finishing 4th on 71 points, 4 ahead of Spurs.
What did I say about you being a pretty level-headed guy?

PB and Moomba, nice to see some people haven't lost their gonads!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.