Why are Africans such poor footballers?

lionheart said:
nashark said:
Lionheart is an embarrassment to men.
If you were married to an African, you might be more thoughtful.

Ask your wife if she is offended by me questioning (or offering) opinion on why the majority of Africans are less technically gifted than the majority of Europeans/South Americans. I offered a reasoned debate questioning the philosophy of football being coached in Africa. IMO, there are maybe 5 in the game right now who are world class. Maybe less. Please ask her if she is offended.

Lucky Toma said:
nashark said:
That is the closest anyone has got to disproving my argument. I would disagree about Gerrard, but that's simply opinion. I wonder why these footballers are not really announced on the world stage. They are hardly household names! I think it is fair to say that there is a dearth in(on the ball) talent from players coached in Africa.

The reason I chose Africa is because there are some world-class players there eg. Essien, Toure who are not brilliant on the ball. Continents like Asia and North America are just poor players overall (I am sorry if I offended you). I must be extremely naive to think that saying something bad about a majority and then ask why would offend so many. For fuck sake, I meant no offense, yet so many soft ***** are getting wound up because I mentioned Africa.

Lionheart is an embarrassment to men.

So if he was a woman it would be okay to be offended by what he percieves as a racist generalisation?
Isnt that sexist?
I dont even know if I'm joking or not. Its a part of modern life that confuses and divides people - racism, sexism, or in PDC's case, polital-correctness gone mad (zzzzzz). These are contentious, divisive and very emotive issues where there are very few easy definitive answers.
So what to do? Hmmm its a tricky one but a start at least would be a recognisation from everyone -regardless of their viewpoints - that to post something entitled ''Why are Africans such poor footballers?' is not really a wise choice. That to do so - in the certain knowledge that it will rile and offend fellow blues - is a dumb and immature decision.

A similar example regarding myself -
I happen to believe that women are not very good at stand-up comedy. Comedy acting sure but with a mic.....the majority are just not funny. And I could back this claim up with facts (like you believe you have) such as how few female comics are succeeding out there in comparison to male comedians. And then contrast that with how women proportionately outnumber men in this country.
But I realize this viewpoint - no matter how sincerely felt it is - is sexist.
So I wouldnt, for example, post this opinion on a forum predominantly viewed by women because -
a/ I wouldnt want to purposely offend strangers (why would I want to do that?)
and b/ I wouldnt want to attract lots of flak.

That is fair enough. Apart from Sexism and Racism are very different things. TBH, I didn't think so may people are so sensitive on this forum. See the thread about wearing a City top outside of Manchester. This thread has turned into outrage because some morons do not know what opinion is. Too much softness in the world.

nashark said:
lionheart said:
If you were married to an African, you might be more thoughtful.

Ask your wife if she is offended by me questioning (or offering) opinion on why the majority of Africans are less technically gifted than the majority of Europeans/South Americans. I offered a reasoned debate questioning the philosophy of football being coached in Africa. IMO, there are maybe 5 in the game right now who are world class. Maybe less. Please ask her if she is offended.

Why did you just pick Africa though???

Why not Scotland or Ireland, Wales even?

Like I said this thread is a load of wank

Why is it that the country that gave football to the world, has the best facilities in the world, and the best league in the world can only produce half a dozen World Class players ?? 'Cos lets be honest, half the England team are NOT World Class.

OK, I know i'm comparing a country to a continent (although most of Africa isn't developed), but given our footballing heritage you'd think we'd do better...

nashark said:
Listen mate, I have explained why I picked Africa in an earlier post.

Read it before you offer your wank opinion.
every single post you keep saying "re-read what i said"

makes me LOL.

BurnCK said:
Why is it that the country that gave football to the world, has the best facilities in the world, and the best league in the world can only produce half a dozen World Class players ?? 'Cos lets be honest, half the England team are NOT World Class.

OK, I know i'm comparing a country to a continent (although most of Africa isn't developed), but given our footballing heritage you'd think we'd do better...

Shut up you racist prick. My wife is from England.

In all seriousness though, it's because kids prefer to knife people and play on computer games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.