Why Argentina won't win the World Cup

As they have shown in qualifying they don't keep the ball well enough at the back and in midfield and therefore their attacking players don't see enough of it and they struggle to dominate games. I very much doubt Maradona will go with Di Maria, Tevez, Higuain and Messi in the same starting line up aswell. Their defence is not really up to much and Veron and Jonas who are near enough nailed on starters aren't up to the standard of a Cambiasso or a Zanetti who he's excluded from the squad

Failsworth_Blue said:
As they have shown in qualifying they don't keep the ball well enough at the back and in midfield and therefore their attacking players don't see enough of it and they struggle to dominate games. I very much doubt Maradona will go with Di Maria, Tevez, Higuain and Messi in the same starting line up aswell. Their defence is not really up to much and Veron and Jonas who are near enough nailed on starters aren't up to the standard of a Cambiasso or a Zanetti who he's excluded from the squad

he did last night against canada

-- Wed May 26, 2010 6:34 pm --

Failsworth_Blue said:

supercity36 said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

Failsworth_Blue said:

Messi didn't play

Failsworth_Blue said:
supercity36 said:

Messi didn't play

i stand corrected, he was unfit. but id reckon maradona would play all 4, with 2 decent holding mids it could work

supercity36 said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Messi didn't play

i stand corrected, he was unfit. but id reckon maradona would play all 4, with 2 decent holding mids it could work

It could work but that means that Jonas wouldn't play and i'm convinced Maradona will start with him unless he starts him at right back

ono said:
They won't win the WC because they'll play Messi in a more central role where he will get constantly fouled. They can't keep the ball and they'll play with two centre backs as full backs.

Maradona used to play with 4 centre-backs, but against Canada, they had Gutierrez and Heinze playing in the full-back positions, so he might have abandoned that.

supercity36 said:
....messi......................................di maria...
.................higuain.........tevez....................

that attacking line is probably the envy of every country in the tournament. and they still have aguero
Holland's line up is more impressive. These 4 are also much better as a team.

..................Sneijder.............Van der Vaart..............Robben.......
...........................................Van Persie................................

Mistake leaving Cambiasso out, especially when Veron gets the nod ahead of him.

Can't see Argentina winning it tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.