Why did we buy De Jong?

We desperately need two defensive ball winning midfielders, which will allow SWP, Ireland and Robinho the license to go forward more. It has to be Kompany and De Jong in my opinion because Elano isn't tough enough and Zabaleta needs time to adapt to midfield. That isn't to say Elano and Zabba aren't good players because they are but neither are true modern day midfielders in my opinion and in the Premiership you can't afford to have any weaknesses. Zabba just needs to work on his awareness because he's been caught in possession a few times, De Jong has got that experience.

bluealf said:
When he was playing as a Dm, a lot of people where crying out for him to be a CH and telling us that was his position.

Somedays i think Hughes cant win with some people what ever he does.

totally agree.

Also, so is de jong shit then? I am sure I remember loads of people wanking over him, wanting him to come. He signs 3-4 games later he is shit. typical really, and quite pathetic

black mamba said:
I don't know why we moved for De Jong either to be honest , he doesn't really appear to add much to the team , very much like Dabo , although admittedly it's early days ..... and i'd have gone for a quality creative midfielder instead .

We definetely needed a top quality centre-half , but it just didn't seem to be a priority with Hughes , although it really should have been ...... half our defenders at present are better at 'ball-watching' than anything else , as both Copenhagans goals proved last night ...... not too mention at least one of Portsmouths too ...... we have no genuine height back there and it's showing!

Santa Cruz has come out today and said that there is a definite £20 million release clause in his contract from June , so that one might well not be 'dead in the water' just yet.

We shouldnt be paying £20 million for him. Prices get overinflated in Jan compared to the summer, so any fee we pay for him should be less than that. Fat Greedy Sam thinks he's been a smart arse with this clause but that figure will be meaningless in the summer anyway. In my opinion he should be around £12 million tops or they can shove it.

As for de Jong, I think he was a good buy, albeit at far too much money. Thing with him is that he is young, very fit and a player who will improve. When he beds in I think he will be a key player for us in an important position. With the flair players we have you need a grafter in that role.

The GO4T said:
city bairn said:
We boght De Jong because he will become one of the best holding midfielders in the world IMO.

Give over mate, the guy is average at best.... the fucking desperation come through on this signing

He's back!

RAG!

See you in the morning Walshy...

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
black mamba said:
I don't know why we moved for De Jong either to be honest , he doesn't really appear to add much to the team , very much like Dabo , although admittedly it's early days ..... and i'd have gone for a quality creative midfielder instead .

We definetely needed a top quality centre-half , but it just didn't seem to be a priority with Hughes , although it really should have been ...... half our defenders at present are better at 'ball-watching' than anything else , as both Copenhagans goals proved last night ...... not too mention at least one of Portsmouths too ...... we have no genuine height back there and it's showing!

Santa Cruz has come out today and said that there is a definite £20 million release clause in his contract from June , so that one might well not be 'dead in the water' just yet.

We shouldnt be paying £20 million for him. Prices get overinflated in Jan compared to the summer, so any fee we pay for him should be less than that. Fat Greedy Sam thinks he's been a smart arse with this clause but that figure will be meaningless in the summer anyway. In my opinion he should be around £12 million tops or they can shove it.

As for de Jong, I think he was a good buy, albeit at far too much money. Thing with him is that he is young, very fit and a player who will improve. When he beds in I think he will be a key player for us in an important position. With the flair players we have you need a grafter in that role.

Cancel everything I ever said above. RSC has just scored against the Rags. Lets break the bank for him..........

PabZab said:
I give you a challenge, against Liverpool watch De Jong, don't take your eyes of him. If he still doesn't impress you then hes either had an off game, we've had 100% possesion or you're footballingly inept.

Anyone take me up on my challenge?

look at the thread title, look at the game today and you've got your answer!! he was fukin quality!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.