Why did we let Zinchenko go?

He was a good player at City and he's still a good player at Arsenal. He wanted to go, wasn't particularly valued whilst with us and the general feeling was that he was a squad player filling in at left back until we finally buy a regular one. We got a good fee for him and we move on. Let it go lads!

We weakened ourselves in a position we were already weak in and we directly strengthened an already improving team who are now where we want to be.

That's the bottom line.

How anyone can spin it as anything other than a fuck up is beyond me.
It's not a fuck up.

Zincheko is a gifted footballer - who is playing his best football of his career now. But he wasn't in top choice first 11 and would not be. We have more talented players in our squad. We couldn't retain the entire squad *and* sign Haaland - we had to let some players go. I'm very much OK with having let Zinchenko and Jesus leave - and I'm very glad that their careers at Arsenal are going great.

It's not a fuck up.

Zincheko is a gifted footballer - who is playing his best football of his career now. But he wasn't in top choice first 11 and would not be. We have more talented players in our squad. We couldn't retain the entire squad *and* sign Haaland - we had to let some players go. I'm very much OK with having let Zinchenko and Jesus leave - and I'm very glad that their careers at Arsenal are going great.

None of that addresses my two points:

1) We now have even less options in a position we were already struggling with.

2) We directly improved a team who are now outperforming us.

He didn't need to be in anyone's favourite starting eleven. He didn't need to be the most talented player in the squad. He didn't need to leave to fund the Haaland move.

This is probably one City management want back but you have to give Arteta credit for using Zinchenko and backing him more than City would in his role on team. But City generally are doing great in acquisitions and if you are funding buys for Haaland and Alvarez you can’t keep everyone and you got to sell players market wants. But it is odd that Arsenal were beneficiaries of both sales.

As a Arse backer thanks, take it easy on the club you guys haven’t made too many bad buys lately and can’t win every trophy. You need to have someone step up so this isn’t a glorified Ligue 1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.