Why did we let Zinchenko go?

Is it just me or is he playing / doing the EXACT same thing he did while he was here? if so, how come no one noticed how he was "re-inventing" the leftback role until he left City?
I think he has taken on the role of senior player at Arse. To me he is playing with a little more confidence and freedom and his team mates often play through him. To me that has resulted in him playing more consistently and his game has gone up a notch.

I think he has taken on the role of senior player at Arse. To me he is playing with a little more confidence and freedom and his team mates often play through him. To me that has resulted in him playing more consistently and his game has gone up a notch.
More consistently? Yes.
Up a notch? No

Looks like same ol' zinchy too me.

More consistently? Yes.
Up a notch? No

Looks like same ol' zinchy too me.
He was great before but prone to some defensive blips. I havent seen that yet with Arsenal and without checking I bet his touches per game are up because he is even more involved. I love zinc and was gutted when he was sold. I just think we didn’t reach his ceiling.

A back
Why did we let Zinchenko go?....

- Because he wanted to leave
- Because we couldn't guarantee him a place in the first XI
- Because the transfer money we received was more than fair
- Because we didn't want to pay him what Arsenal pay him
- Because he wasn't actually a left-back

There's no point complaining about it. Zinchenko will be forever loved by all of us at City. He's a great guy (I've spoken to him a couple of times), a very good footballer, and a City legend!

If Arsenal pips us to the Premier League, it won't be because they signed Zinchenko, it will be because we haven't performed and we've had many injuries that have disrupted our back line.
A back Line that qouldve coped a lot better wirh injuries if zinchenko was srill there..

Zinchenko playing the role he does for us has been great. he seems to have a greater freedom under Arteta than he did with Pep.
As soon as you’re under pressure down the left, he’ll be off and Tierney will be on, as has already happened a couple of times. Wait until everyone remembers to isolate him against someone who can head the ball and he’ll struggle as he did here. Don’t get me wrong, he was a top squad player and a great feller, which is likely how he’ll end up at Arsenal, if you get any sustained success. Remember, he started only 10 games here last season and cost us more than once in those games; as for the CL final against Chelsea I still have nightmares about him………

He's really started loving the camera since going there.
A decent player for us but looks like he could end up getting a little too big for his boots if he's not careful darn sarf

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.