Why did we let Zinchenko go?

He’s a smart boy. Collected all his medals , earned good money , trained under the best coach while playing for the best team .
And off he went for more minutes and hopefully more money.

Funny how players get better by their absence - he was a decent wall to pass off for the better players, he had no pace so could only play against the teams that didn't have a pacey right winger and it wasn't very often he'd beat a man and get a cross in.

That is all very true but he was a very tidy footballer and, with hindsight, his technical ability helped us to maintain control of the ball and starve the opposition of possession. But I have to admit I was not overly concerned when he left, but then I fully expected a first team ready replacement to be bought.

Imagine thinking it was his role to “beat a man and get a cross in”. Zinchenko is a world class inverted full back. He has everything you want in that position.
I've always been a fan of the style of play Delph and Zinchenko brought at the position. Any LB that can replicate their style of play is a great one in my book. It's crazy seeing this type of LB play from the Centurion season not in City but in Arsenal. Even worst seeing post from Gooners saying Arteta was the one that invented this concept while at City WTF. The propagandists and low info posters who masquerade as experts will never admit they were wrong on Zinchenko.

Last edited:
Never rated him myself (still don't) and was happy to see him depart. I still am.

EDIT: Let's see how he deals with Kyle's pace this evening shall we.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.