Why didn't you go to the Leipzig game?

As a season ticket holder, I was not remotely bothered by Pep’s invitation to supporters. I was there on Wednesday, and I intend to be there on Saturday, but despite having a ticket, I may not make it up from South Oxfordshire next Tuesday; I’m sure Pep won’t hold it against me and I don’t doubt that he understands all the multitude of reasons why people can’t make every game.

The fact that people make a story out of or get worked up about his comments is beyond pathetic.

The team has scored 21 goals in its last four home games so the manager is quite entitled to invite supporters that could but aren’t planning to come the next game, which experience tells us will be tough, to come and cheer the team on.

I get completely the idea that people want him to watch his words so that he doesn’t feed one of the tiresome narratives perpetuated about our club, which some of the media and rival supports cling onto because they are desperate for something to use to try and put us down: they have very little to go at because the team plays beautiful football and breaks record after record…

The media etc are always going to find ways to criticise but this stuff is not that important in my mind. Just look at Paul Merson’s quote this week about our neighbours in Trafford’s performance against Young Boys: “Manchester United couldn’t get out of their half. If that was Manchester City with ten men, Young Boys wouldn’t have touched the ball”. Now that tells you about important perceptions.

I have lived away from the Northwest for the last 31 years and in recent times, I have started to see kids with City shirts where I would not have previously done so; even our latest neighbours’ boys have a City football (no idea if they are actually fans). In the very long queue for the park and ride recently at Silverstone the family behind us were I think Dutch UK residents but they weren’t bedecked in orange; however, their son had last season’s City away shirt on. Our support is widening and growing and it won’t be impeded by “Empithad” bollocks.

Good post. Everyone connected to the club shouldn’t have said owt to it. Kevin Parker talking about the challenges and problems folk face going on to say “He's absolutely the best coach in the world but, in the nicest possible way, I think maybe he should stick to that” however well intended by Kevin becomes a headline of “City fans tell Pep to stick to coaching” on Sky sports.

The media will twist it whichever way they want. But if we say nowt they can’t

Can’t believe how much this has been blown out of proportion.

have a look at other grounds in England for first round champs league games I bet non of them are full stadiums.

champs league is peps ultimate prize & he wants this more than the league just like all foreign managers. For us fans we would rather want the league here. Pep just can’t understand this & he probably has zero understanding how covid has people financially.

pep didn’t mean any harm towards fans he was just saying please all come on Saturday which is most likely anyway he wasn’t referring to the champs league game.

at least he didn’t “say let’s be having you”

My ticket last night was £17.50

I'd say that's better than competitively priced... it costs more to get into league 2 grounds
Don't think it's all to do with costs, it cost £14 to watch Altrincham, more to do with difficulty to actually buy a ticket ! City have introduced the e ticketing this season and you only have to look at the issues folk have posted on here, it's such a cock up that it's almost like the club don't won't you to buy tickets, also hardly a great draw to watch Leipzig in the middle of three consecutive home games !

First time I’ve logged into BM for a while but reading the title and posts I’ve decided to put my view in , not that it counts on a collective reply but on a personal response is …
I’ve never ever felt so disillusioned as a bloke , a fan , a supporter or whatever the club classes me as what I am at the moment. The manager’s comments for me are absolutely uncalled for .
What’s his case for this after coming from a very good win are unfounded , his dsquare top cost more than my two daughters school uniforms we’ve paid for put together.
my youngest has been knocked out from covid she’s only 10 and it’s floored her , I’m under prostate cancer investigation etc ..so not that I need to make any excuse not to go to anybody.
But for someone who’s done over 80 odd grounds and is not being over sensitive his comments need explanation and an apology they were unfounded and without grounds . Couldn’t give a flying fu*k about those who feel the need to answer to any forms of social media in having to explain the Empty seats .
Unfortunately the “ mind the gap “ doesn’t relate to us and the rags it now represents the club and the fans or whatever we’re classed as .

I hope your daughter is back on her feet soon to a full recovery, and your own results come back clear.

Best wishes.

All he does is invite fans to come to the game against Southampton because the team will need them.
Yes, your right. But, we all know comments like that will cause a shit storm. Others backed by the media will be all over this, getting as much click bait as possible. Southampton attendance will take care of itself, Saturday, 3 o clock is a good start.

Not my recollection.

The club were caught on the back foot and fielded loads of press calls off the back of his Brazil Zoom.

In actual fact, Guz Cruz on here had signed up for it and was posting the quotes as live on here.

Pep shut it down 24 hours later at his presser the next day to clarify, but I know City were not impressed.

I don't know what your recollection is but he said that his next team would be a national team if he got the chance and that after 7 years with City he'd definitely need a break before his next job.

This got twisted into "i'm leaving in 2023". What he meant was that he'd be at City for at least 7 years because that's how long he's contracted to, something that plenty of users pointed out on the day and that he's clarified 100x in the 3 weeks since.

Unfortunately some of our fans would rather believe what the media twist his words into than what he actually says.

Last edited:
I was there but Pep didn't see me , maybe he needs to go to specsavers to appreciate our support

For me, I just don't like the general atmosphere at CL games because the people I normally go with can't go to midweek games usually, and the people around where I sit are different too, often opposing fans. I can afford it if I want but I'm paying for BT Sport to be able to watch the competition anyway, so due to habit just stay home, avoid the travel hassle and rush, and have a few decent beers.

I might do PSG though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.