Why do United think they'll ruin our day winning the league?

bluenova said:
They seem to think it's important because of all the fuss over 19 titles, but they'll have won 12 of those in the last 18 years - simply because they had the most money over that period.
To be fair -

10ruyhj.jpg

Net+Spend+2003-2010.png

People say it will overshadow us, but I present the theory that us or Stoke winning may overshadow them. Why?

1. The FA Cup is on two channels including free-to-air (for 4 1/2 hours) and ESPN (most of the day) while United's game is only on Sky Sports 2 from 12:45pm. England will be watching the FA Cup.

2. In this era, online headlines are updated on the fly. Hence, United's league win will be published before City or Stoke's FA Cup win. But when the FA Cup is lifted, those headlines will take priority as newer over United's win as many websites list stories chronologically by time.

Only one side can ruin my day, and it's not them.

I suspect a City win might put a dampener on their day though.

-- Fri May 13, 2011 4:51 pm --

Mastes1 said:
To be fair
[/quote]

You might think it fair, but your stats are misleading. Go back a few years before Chelsea spent big, we spent big and they stopped spending and sold Ronaldo and you'll find the bulk of their success came when they were the biggest spenders. And don't forget wages too, something we will get the benefit of in years to come.

swifty said:
A City win is far more likely to ruin their day. Needy fuckers.

Well said, it's just what i was going to post. Oh, and their pathetic attempt to get 19 to the top of the charts isn't working either...it's slipped down to 52 on itunes.

Since I was 7 years old, the rags have won everything. Why would another trophy all of a sudden overshadow us winning a trophy. If we win, it will be us overshadowing something that has become custom to them. Should City be bringing the FA cup to Manchester by 5pm tomorrow, we will have well and truly pissed on their parade from a fans perspective. They won the treble in '99 and were still gutted when we won the play off final.

I do hope that banner comes back to bite them on the arse one day.

bobmcfc said:
they are so desperate to believe we give a shit about what they do. makes em feel speshul

but you're writing about it - aren't you making the point to them? concentrate on us................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.