Why do vets charge so much?

Took my westie to the vets today she is 15 years old and this is the third time this year.Breathing erratically off her food and water pretty listless to be honest. She was in for about 45 mins , temp ok chest was rattling a bit not sure what was wrong with her, said she needed her bloods checking , ultrasound for her chest, painkiller, £430 later still not sure now thinking urine test for tmrw . Virtually an impossible task. Robbing bastards.

She's a member of your family and you love her, IMHO most vets will take advantage of that. Saying that I wish her good luck mate.

Took my westie to the vets today she is 15 years old and this is the third time this year.Breathing erratically off her food and water pretty listless to be honest. She was in for about 45 mins , temp ok chest was rattling a bit not sure what was wrong with her, said she needed her bloods checking , ultrasound for her chest, painkiller, £430 later still not sure now thinking urine test for tmrw . Virtually an impossible task. Robbing bastards.

My sister spent 15 bags on a dog with terminal cancer.

Took merlin to the vets this morning as he has some pain in his mouth affecting his eating , ruled a lot out as much as you can look into a cats mouth withour sedation , she said to give him metacam for a few days then see if it is sorted , she said a metacam injection, a weeks metacam and the consultation would be £108 , is that ok ? First time i have been given a price upfront . He had a really good check over , temperature taken etc , didnt think it was too bad a bill even if she cant see any obvious cause of the pain, he has cut his mouth before hunting and eating and he has been catching a few mice recently so probably that

I called the vets the other week to ask if there was anything they could give our Jimcat to stop him from being terrified of getting in the car (scared because has motion sickness in the car and pukes).
The woman said you'll have to bring him in to see the vet.
That ain't happening as I'm not in the habit of tormenting cats.
Vet called me back and said to come in and she'll give me some stuff for him.

In Thailand it costs around around £13 to spay a dog. It also gets put back as a stray after a couple of hours and doesn't need a neck brace and a check up afterwards. I think this is all we need to know about vets in Britain.

I called the vets the other week to ask if there was anything they could give our Jimcat to stop him from being terrified of getting in the car (scared because has motion sickness in the car and pukes).
The woman said you'll have to bring him in to see the vet.
That ain't happening as I'm not in the habit of tormenting cats.
Vet called me back and said to come in and she'll give me some stuff for him.
Over here you cant get metacam for pain unless they examine the cat first , which is fair enough i guess, i take merlin in yearly for vaccinations and things like yesterday ,dont take him for minor things as it stresses him out a lot . Being a stray i think most of it is fear is i am going to take him some where and leave him , he loves getting home and fed straight away , soon forgets it

Over here you cant get metacam for pain unless they examine the cat first , which is fair enough i guess, i take merlin in yearly for vaccinations and things like yesterday ,dont take him for minor things as it stresses him out a lot . Being a stray i think most of it is fear is i am going to take him some where and leave him , he loves getting home and fed straight away , soon forgets it
They ended up giving me something for motion sickness and something to make him sleepy so he was a bit out of it before I put him in the car.
He usually always throws up (motion sickness) and has crapped and pissed (fear because he knows what's coming) in his carrier before.
He usually cries throughout the 3 1/2hr drive but this time he was o.k.
I guess the meds worked.
Whenever he sees me packing my travel bag he goes into hiding : (

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.