Why do vets charge so much?

We have insurance, not sure how much it is tbh but we pay £30 for a check up but if we need to go back with the same complaint then there is no further fee and, of course, all the treatment is free due to the insurance.

Also, we get all the monthly or 3 monthly flea and wormer stuff free.

He is a rescue dog with a back leg missing (still not found it) and the only condition they put on the insurance was with his back going.

What kind of insurance do you have?
Last two visits to the vet were super expensive for us and all he did is wrote a prescription for some meds.
Now i found a Pet Prescription Without Vet option, so next we can use it instead. Of course when we are sure what exactly do we need.

Last edited:
My beloved cat (Moski) got hit by some twat yesterday on the road behind us (got cctv footage from neighbourhood group today). She somehow managed to get back to my house about 10hrs later and was traumatised as you can imagine. Took her to the emergency vet immediately and turns out she’s got a broken jaw, bust one of her front legs and has suffered a hemothorax. Can’t even put into words how upsetting the last 24hrs has been.

It’s gonna cost me £2500 - £4000 and that’s without surgery on her leg if she needs it and I won’t find out the extent of her injuries until I get the CT scan which costs £1500.

For anyone with a pet I implore you to get insurance. A harsh lesson learnt!

I get that Vets need to make a living and all that, but the prices being charged are ridiculous and nothing short of legal extortion. Feel so bad for the people that have to put their pets down because they can’t afford the bullshit fees.

Last edited:
My beloved cat (Moski) got hit by some twat yesterday on the road behind us (got cctv footage from neighbourhood group today). She somehow managed to get back to my house about 10hrs later and was traumatised as you can imagine. Took her to the emergency vet immediately and turns out she’s got a broken jaw, bust one of her front legs and has suffered a hemothorax. Can’t even put into words how upsetting the last 24hrs has been.

It’s gonna cost me £2500 - £4000 and that’s without surgery on her leg if she needs it and I won’t find out the extent of her injuries until I get the CT scan which costs £1500.

For anyone with a pet I implore you to get insurance. A harsh lesson learnt!

I get that Vets need to make a living and all that, but the prices being charged are ridiculous and nothing short of legal extortion. Feel so bad for the people that have to put their pets down because they can’t afford the bullshit fees.
Mate that's ridiculous.
It's tantamount to extortion and highway robbery.

At least Dick fucking Turpin wore a mask.

That's insane. That's 3 times the price of getting a CT scan on a person.

Just watched this:

Investigation is going to be 18 months though.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.