Why do you follow City?

I grew up very close to Maine Road. Close enough to be one of those annoying little shites that used to say "mind yer car?" as that was where I would play every other saturday,entranced by the roar from the terraces,it didn't take me long to figure out which was an away goal scored as opposed to the louder,sometimes frightening "YESSSSS" to a City goal scored. I remember booting a football against the privets as I walked down Lloyd street one day, an old boy was watching me and as I looked up to acknowledge him,expecting a rollicking,he just nodded and said "play for City when you're older"

Unfortunately I'm incrediby poor at football and always have been, I prefer to watch.

City though. Only ever City. Been going to the games for about 20 years now so I've seen a fair load of change,seen a fair load of shite, seen a few glimmers of City about to turn the corner.

Never felt more positive than I do now though

CTID

Have been city for over 35 yrs - what did it for me was the Dennis overhead kick - that was the mopment of conversion and everyone else around me was either a scouser supporter or salford utd.
City r without doubt my one & only - we have been through highs & lows - now we deserve that bit of high profile attention, love or hate us - we are the real Manchester team - blue to the core & until i die.Enjoy the roller coaster lads - BLUE MOON IS RISING.

Salford boy (and yes its Rag central) and half the red bastards never went or really give a shit - those were the arsholes(there were very few that went but the guys who did were alright- I have been to Old Trafford with my uncle Dave a couple of times)

Was gonna post about my hard up time being a City fan in Salford but most of them havent got a clue and they sort of support them. In many ways I enjoyed being different and actually went to games

Thanks Dad and Grandad

BLUENATIC said:
I grew up very close to Maine Road. Close enough to be one of those annoying little shites that used to say "mind yer car?" as that was where I would play every other saturday,entranced by the roar from the terraces,it didn't take me long to figure out which was an away goal scored as opposed to the louder,sometimes frightening "YESSSSS" to a City goal scored. I remember booting a football against the privets as I walked down Lloyd street one day, an old boy was watching me and as I looked up to acknowledge him,expecting a rollicking,he just nodded and said "play for City when you're older"

Unfortunately I'm incrediby poor at football and always have been, I prefer to watch.

City though. Only ever City. Been going to the games for about 20 years now so I've seen a fair load of change,seen a fair load of shite, seen a few glimmers of City about to turn the corner.

Never felt more positive than I do now though

CTID
Back in the nineties, that wasn't necessarily an impediment to you doing what the old fella suggested!

my dad took me to rodney marsh's debut 71/72 i think. walking through the kippax tunnell holding his hand , there it was, the green pitch the sky blue shirts......................ive been hooked ever since.......ps our time WILL come!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.