Why do you follow City?

Not got a clue

No one in the family followed football and it is definitely a red area I come from

must of seemed like a good idea at the time

God only knows why. The uncle I suppose. Well he was more GAA to be fair, I'm pretty sure the first piece of clothing I ever wore was our GAA club jersey that he bought for me, amongst the normal baby presents was the club jersey. 100 times too big, but the tradition carries on. :)
But..I don't remember why. The uncle, the other one, was a fan..well there was always something about the underdog, about being overshadowed and kept down that got my blood pumping..still does. Nothing ever done the easy way.

My grandpa was a pilot for British airways and my family was living in Asia at the time and he'd bring me back Manchester city things.
And even though i didn't know what football was then, I've liked the sky blue colour since then and when i started watching footy there was only one team for me.

tried to be a rag but suddenly realised i didn't fit in with the rest of them

retards1.jpg

Remember watching the 1979 FA Cup Final aged 7. United had just clawed back two goals late on to equalise. My dad (City fan but from an era when it was acceptable to like the rags as well) was cheering on. I was thinking "lucky bastards" then Brady skipped down the wing and put it on a plate for an Arsenal winner. I wasn't happy for Arsenal just that I knew for no apparent reason that I could ever support the rags. City came calling as it went against the grain with most people at school. A natural fit, and I never had any regrets and as anyone who has known me for any length of time will know, I have always known that our time will come.

My dad took me and my brother,in 1973 against Stoke City nil nil draw.
The atmosphere and the occasion got me in first,but soon surpassed by the mania.
Not worn off yet,even after moving to Australia in 1995.
Can't wait to take my son to carry on the tradition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.