Why do you follow City?

Because i'm a Manc,and Manchester only has one football team. My dad was a blue,his dad was a blue.My daughter was a junior blue on the day she was born.............City knew about her before most of the family. This is our city,Manchester is blue!

Family originally lived on Hyde Road, Gorton.
Grandad used to walk down and watch them there, and dragged most of his brothers along too. Toppest blue ever, he taught me from a very early age to detest the Rags, and as a kid would always make sure I had 'holy pictures' (i.e. City pics) on my bedroom wall!
He contributed a great deal about the Hyde Road era to Gary James' first big book: Manchester, the Greatest City, so if you've ever read those chapters you've read about my grandad! Very proud of that but sad that he died just a few weeks before the book was published.

My bro also helped by dragging me along to Maine Road as a young lass.

jimharri said:
Born and brought up in Moss Side (Claremont Road, about 5 mins walk from Maine Road) for my first 10 years, then Longsight for the next 9 years up til '82 when I moved over here. Who else was I going to support? City were my local club.

My old man was from around there, his mum and dad had a shop (sweet shop I think?) he was a Blue so was his dad. Now coming from a family full of scousers (all mums side are red dippers) my dad decided I had to be Blue before they got their hands on me! That was it I suppose, then when I had my lad he was registered as a junior Blue an hour after being born by my old man and he is now City mad, whether he likes it or not, lol. Has full City room and my seat from Maine Rd on his wall.

Because after swapping my dad's roset from the League Cup Final victory for a shitty pack of Top Trump Cards at school, I decided I would follow the team and try a repay him back with a roset from our next Wembley appearance. Oh well sorry Dad..............

I follow city cos I was born in Brompton road and it was in my blood. I have supported the blues for over 50 years and taken shit from many rags over the years- there have been the good days though , the 5-1, the penalty shoot out , the league div 1 , and cupwinners cup, many really, but the best days are to come so CUMON CITY CTID lets rub those rags noses in the dirt and enjoy I know I will but they will go hiding as they always do. Ebay will be full of rag memorabilia.

Lived in Burnage and taken to my first game by older cousin.

First game was Charlton 5 -1 when we won promotion.Hooked ever sicne!!

Now in the Army and have fuckin rags from Norwich and Cornwall who have never been to a game, telling me how shit city are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.