Why do you support Manchester City?

Didn't particularly like football and hated a lot of utd fans.

Then a couple of friends who were blue forced me to watch, took me to a couple games and now I'm hooked.

God knows that it isn't because of the history (because we don't got none). Dad is a blue by accident/fate, I was named after Colin Bell (in fact called Colin Bell for years) and feck it - it has stuck.

My immediate family are not really into football so I had no pressure either way, but I have two cousins who are quite a bit older than me, one a City fan and United fan, and I remember (one of my earliest memories) my Gran telling my Mum how City Supporting one had thrown the United supporting Cousin through the lounge window (no serious damage apart from the window and pride) and that kind of stuck with me, and another overheard conversation my Granddad and my old man talking about the Edwards meat scandal (the sense of fair play has always been with me)

Growing up in Urmston, which was almost exclusively United at the time, just cemented my allegiance to City never one to be a sheep

Because of a lad called Damien Thompson!

My school was St Bernards in Burnage and it was 1973. I was 6 years old and him being lucky enough to have a dad who took him to City made him the authority on which team to support.

He said City were great, I listened and 40 years of majority misery ensued!

Funny enough, Noel Gallagher was there too so I suppose he must have had the same lecture I did.

I've not seen or heard of Damien Thompson since I left that school in 1978/9, however if anyone on here knows a Damien Thompson who is 46 now, then take it from me, he is the culprit!

Because my Dad (god rest his soul) was a rag and I used to love winding him up!

He got me back tho, when I was 9 he took me to a Derby at the swamp-we were in the Stretford end! Terrifying experience, I still have nightmares.

My Mom went home for her Mums 90th. Asked what wanted. Wanted something getter than Smarties so asked for a soccer jersey. Yes, a soccer jersey. My cousin Martin gave me his off his back. Was arrested at the game the day before in a fight so it has a cigarette burn on the shoulder. Laser blue 2000 Eidos. 9 years ago met a new neighbor from Scotland. He saw me wearing my kit, and asked "Manchester City, huh". Then I actually started watching the EPL. Been hooked ever since. Martin died during the season we won the league. Never thanked him for picking my team.

You know how it is... I already had an inflatable banana. :-)

Nah, glory hunter, me. I was eight when I watched the 1976 League Cup final on the telly and I thought to myself, that's the team for me! They're gonna win everything!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.