Why do you support Manchester City?

In November 1994 I made my first trip to England. Had a thing for Manchester, musically speaking, and my first visit included a trip to OT to see City V. Rags. Surrounded by Reds, a 5-0 thrashing, and I still took to City simply due to the absurdity of the delirium and spirit of City fans in spite of the score line. Have followed since.

A few factors behind it but to cut a long story short whilst aged about 6/7 on a day trip to Blackpool I fell in love with a man city teddy bear it sealed the deal & I fell in love with the club soon after. Almost 30yrs on I've still got him.

Rebellion against my dad however to be fair he never tried to force us to watch them and spent most Saturdays at places like rochdale and Droylsden etc.

My Doctor puts it down to a chemical imbalance in my Brain where I get a high from being Miserable. The 90's were like the 60's for me not sure what im going to do with my life now.

From a big soccer family and actually just finished up playing a coupe years of Academy here in the states. Definitely doesn't compare to the Academy teams you have over there, but that's what they're trying to replicate. They're not letting Academy players play school ball here anymore and it's becoming a pretty big ordeal. Anyways, I started liking City about 8 years ago. My brother and dad were always United fans and being the youngest, I always got picked on and just felt like I had to support the opposite team. I was only 10, blue was my favorite color, and City became an easy choice. Definitely didn't seem like the best choice though. Made for some awful beatings in FIFA lol but I'm damn happy I chose them now. I'm in college right now and City will always be my foreign team of choice. Though after I finish school, I plan on moving to New York city and letting my kids grow up NYFC die hards. Really hoping for big things outta there. MLS is starting to take pace and it's exciting. About damn time too

Definitely a family matter. My dad's side of the family are all from Manchester and have always supported City. I've never lived in Manchester myself, but Maine Road was the first ground I ever went to and haven't looked back since. Have now held a season ticket for 11 years and make the journey from Stourbridge (West Midlands) for every home game.

Grew up in Didsbury and the only close relative my uncle interested in football was a season ticket holder at Maine rd, first went as a 7 year old in 82 and had committed long before but never remember a decision

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.