Why do you support Manchester City?

Thaksinssoldier said:
I'm a Dub who had Man U thrust on me from birth, but it never felt right. It was either the rags or dippers and there wasn't another choice, or so it seemed.

Then one week United turned up in Dublin to play Bohemians on a Tues and City were playing Shelbourne on the Wed. My stepdad took me to both. The Rag game was okay. But the experience the next night changed everything. The travelling City fans were just amazing. Great fun. Even as a young kid I could see the huge difference between both clubs.

To top it all off, before the game the entire City squad came over to sign autographs, and I got to meet Niall Quinn. This was a huge deal for a young Irish kid. Adrian Heath, Ian Bishop, Peter Reid, Stevie Redmond and the rest were all great with the fans. I was sold.

Years later I brought my younger brother to a game, and Hughes, Richards, Garry Cook(especially) and Tevez all did the exact same thing. It was like seeing a repeat of it.

We drew 3-3 with Burnley. This, this is why we suport City :-)
I think this is my favourite answer and it's not even funny(I mean that in a good way).

I was born and bred in Rhyl and at the age of 10 my father took me to watch my 1st ever "big match" City versus Burnley. I became a City fan from that day.
North Wales was a hot-bed of Evertonians, with a with smattering of Liverpool and Scum fans in those days and I revelled in not being one of the pack. Still do.
I now live in Bristol and it's great to be able to look down on the plastic supporters of the Scum, Chelsea etc and know that I have a genuine reason for supporting City and didn't choose to follow the Club that was winning the most.

Been a Blue for 40 years. My grandad drummed it in to me and R kid. He'd tell us all about the greats and the history of the club. We used to kick an empty ciggy packet around the living room and he used to give us names of players. Later on, growing up on our street, we'd all have a kick about using the grids as goals and every single one of the kids were Blues. Me Grandad used to take us to the match at a very young age and we used to sit behind Peter Gardener. Me Grandad seemed to know a lot of people and I remember it being just one big family. Later on, me and all the lads would travel home and away, through thick and thin. Jeez, we've been through so much shit. Nowadays, people ask me if I support all the wealth we now have; one side of me says, "it's a shame the way the game has gone". However, when I think back, I actually think that had Pete Swales left Tony Book in charge, instead of bringing back Big Mal, we'd have gone on to good things at our club. So I'm a firm believer that we were robbed of glory back then. So in answer to their question, fook it, I'm gonna enjoy this fantastic ride we're on. Justice will be done. CTID

My next door neighbour and best mate at the time,Warren Patterson,his Dad was a policeman working at Maine rd,and he took us both to the match v Liverpool in the kippax aged 8 in 1976.when I came home ,I was asked by my brother ,who was a red,not to bother with them and follow utd.a few months later up popped bobby stokes in the FA cup final.My brother cried his eyes out and I jumped for fucking joy,that's the moment there was no turning back.i nailed my colours to the flagpole that day and never regretted it,after all the tears and torment,and 36 years later when we finally won the league ,he was the first to get a phone call and I told him why I was and always will be a BLUE.

I was a rag until the age of 7 because of George Best. But then dad bought me a season ticket and needless to say, it wasn't for the Swamp.

I asked my dad who he supported when I was 4 he said City and I said so am I. My brother who was 6 said I support utd. Dad would take the two of us to City for years but my brother never changed. My dad only went with him to the swamp when we played.

Pam said:
I was a rag until the age of 7 because of George Best. But then dad bought me a season ticket and needless to say, it wasn't for the Swamp.
I used to live over the road from George when I was a young kid and he was living in woodford, it couldn't of swayed me.
He had an outside pool and I remember thinking dickhead, it's not the south of France I was more interested in Clive Lloyd moving into the farm at the time.

Simple, I didn't know anything different, at the age of four I was taken to the final stand of the old kippax, I'm sure it was against Chelsea, could be wrong though. Never stopped since and couldn't be more grateful that I don't support them horrible bastards.

niall quinn - as am impressionable 16 year old girl he was the best looking man i'd ever set eyes on.
niall's long since gone but city remains the longest relationship i've ever had!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.