Why do you support Manchester City?

I get paid to support them. I get a direct debit once a month. Arrives bang on time every month. I get the odd invite to the executive lounge and a few greetings cards from the Sheik thanking me for my loyal support and the odd bauble and bangle as gifts.

I thought we were all the same.

Do you guys really not get paid ? F*cking Hell ! Not sure I could do that.

Strange really...

My Grandfather went watching City in the 40's/50's (But got more into Cricket (Lancashire) after this)
My Father and his Sister started watching City in the 60's (After watching Colin Bell at Bury, they followed him to City)
My Father started working in Bolton in the late 80's, and started going to Burnden Park to watch Bolton, taking me along when born in 1985.

From around 1989-1995 I was taken as a child to watch football around Greater Manchester as a Neutral, mainly Bolton Wanderers although when I've looked at pictures of me as a child I'm wearing City shirts aswell.

Anyway in my Teens I lost contact with my Father, started going to Football on my own and it was much easier getting the Tram and going to Maine Road..So i'd say I support City because of Family Connections and Location.

I also was brought up to hate the Red bastards haha.

My old fella(rip)not really into football but took me my first game aged 8 after me mithering to go,that game was Boxing Day 1977,Colin Bells comeback and was completely hooked from that day,seen so much shite,made many lifelong friendships,still can't believe the Sheik and the players that have come and wouldn't change any of it for all the scrap metal in China-Fuck Man United

Was born in Withington, but lived in Sale Moor and then Sale itself, my dad took me to a City match in 69 when I was a nipper after I had pestered Him so much, and as I approached the corner where the Kippax started and the old scoreboard end was, this before the North Stand was built, and a huge roar went up from the Kippax and I was hooked!!, stood with my Dad on the open end and it poured down, but I already knew that City was for me, loved standing on the Kippax cause you could watch both ends of the ground from it, and of course it was because of my Dad who was such a diehard City fan, also because Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee, Francis Lee, and Dennis Law was playing for City............great memories of the 70's............

My dad is from Crumpsall and a City fan. He was football mad and it must be in the genes.
He used to tell me he played for City. I was 6 when he took me to my first City game, a
2 - 1 loss to West Ham (Im from darn souf originally). I was hooked though and although
I never went to many games with my dad, at about 14 I started to go on my own. Then
I met up with some fellow southern City fans and we used to take turns driving to games
or hop on the Leicester Rugby coach. Now I get to see 10 games a season at most as im
always skint. I take my 15 year old son and he loves City too, so it's definitely in the genes.
Some sort of spiritual calling.

Family dynamics. My Dad was a transplanted Londoner who was really a Charlton Athletic fan, who adopted United on a glory fan basis in the 1950's. So to oppose this my eldest brother became a City fan when he grew up as an act of rebellion. Me being the littlest of 4 brothers looked up to my eldest brother, so I chose the way of the light. Strangely the middle two brothers really wouldn't know that we played in blue.

And now my two daughters are both Blues, one an SC holder with me, despite our living in Nottingham and London and the other a bit of a plastic but her heart's in the right place. I think the answer is - have daughters and not sons.

Dad and grandad , and now my sons and grandsons , 5 generations , only joking , i'm a gloryhunter.

Down to my Dad (RIP)
Took me to Maine Road late 70's and Junior Blues. Stopped early 80's for a while then started going again in 1985 and been home and away ever since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.